Users Groups Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 22:41, 17 January 2011 by Dextercowley
How to access
To edit an existing user group, navigate to the User Groups tab of the User Manager (Users → User Manager → User Groups). Then
- click on the name of the group or
- click on the check box for the group and click on the Edit button.
To create a new user group,
- select Users → Groups → Add New Group from the menu or
- click on the New button in the User Manager: User Groups screen.
In this screen, you can create a new user group or edit an existing user group.
User Group Details
- Group Title. The name of the group.
- Group Parent. The parent group of this group. Note that each group inherits the permissions from its parent group. If you do not want this group to inherit any permissions, make its parent group "Public". See ACL Tutorial for Joomla 1.6 for more information.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the item and stays in the edit screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the item and closes the edit screen.
- Save & New. Saves the item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another item.
- Cancel. Returns to the previous screen without saving your work. If you press Cancel while adding a new item, this new item will not be created. If you were modifying an existing item, the modifications will not be saved.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
- If a new group will have similar permissions to an existing group, you can save work by making the new group a child of the existing group. That way, you only need to change the permissions that are different for the new group.