Difference between revisions of "Users User Manager Edit"
From Joomla! Documentation
(→Toolbar: updated screenshot to 1.6 GA)
(→Toolbar: updated toolbar items for 1.6 GA)
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
The functions are:
The functions are:
Revision as of 18:01, 15 January 2011
How to access
You can access the User Manager New/Edit screen through the User Manager. Go to the User Manager by clicking on the User Manager icon in the Control Panel, or by clicking on 'User Manager' in the 'Site' menu in the back-end of your Joomla! installation. Click on the name of a user, select a user and click on the Edit button, or click on the New button in the User Manager to access the New/Edit screen.
In this screen, you have the ability to create a new user (if you clicked on the 'New' button in the User Manager), or edit an existing user (if you selected a user and clicked on the 'Edit' button in the User Manager, or clicked on the name of a user).
User details and parameters
You will see different fields where you can fill in or edit information of the user. These are:
- Name. The (full) name of the user.
- Username. The username of the user is displayed here. When a user wants to log in, he has to fill in this username.
- E-Mail. The e-mail address from the user is displayed here.
- New password. Fill in a (new) password. Although this field is not required, the user will not be able to log in when no password is set.
- Verify password. Fill in the password from the field above again, to verify it. This field is required when you filled in the New password field.
- Group. The user's Group. The following Groups are available:
- Registered User: Normal visitors who register at the site. Can view Menu Items that have Access Level of Registered. Cannot edit or submit articles.
- Author: Can submit new articles for approval in the front end only. A Publisher or higher must approve. Cannot edit existing articles.
- Editor: Can submit new articles or edit existing articles from the front end only. A Publisher or higher must approve.
- Publisher: Can submit, edit, or publish articles from the front end only.
- Manager, Administrator and Super Administrator: Can do all of the above plus can log into the back end with increasing rights.
- Block User. Here you can select whether to disable this user or not. Only available when editing Administrators or Super Administrators.
- Receive System E-mails. Here you can select whether to let this user receive the system e-mails or not. Only available when editing Administrators or Super Administrators.
- Register Date. Here you can see the registered date. Only shown when editing a user.
- Last Visit Date. Here you can see the date on which the user last logged in.
- Back-end Language. Here you can select the back-end language of the user. All installed languages for the back-end will be displayed in the drop-down box. Default is the language set in Language Manager.
- Front-end Language. Here you can select the front-end language of the user. All installed languages for the front-end will be displayed in the drop-down box. Default is the language set in Language Manager.
- User Editor. Here you can select the front-end and back-end editor of the user. All installed editors will be displayed in the drop-down box. Default is the WYSIWYG editor set in the Global Configuration.
- Help Site. Set the help site of the user. Default is the Help Server set in the Global Configuration.
- Time Zone. Set the time zone of the user. Default is the Time Zone set in the Global Configuration.
- Contact information. If you linked a contact to this user, the contact information will be showed here.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Save the updated user and continue editing.
- Save & Close: Save the updated user and return to the user listings.
- Save & New: Save the updated user and create a new user
- Cancel: Cancel the user information and return to the user listings.
- Help: Brings you to this help screen
- Name, Username and e-mail address are required
- If you did not fill in a particular language, editor, help site and/or time zone, the default settings from the Global Configuration, Language Manager and/or Template Manager are set.