How to access
To edit an existing user, navigate to the User Manager (Users → User Manager). Then
- click on the name of the user or
- click on the check box for the user and click on the Edit button.
To create a new user,
- select Users → User Manager → Add New User from the menu or
- click on the New button in the User Manager.
In this screen, you have the ability to create a new user (if you clicked on the 'New' button in the User Manager), or edit an existing user (if you selected a user and clicked on the 'Edit' button in the User Manager, or clicked on the name of a user).
User details and parameters
You will see different fields where you can fill in or edit information of the user. These are:
- Name. The (full) name of the user.
- Login Name. The user name that will be entered during login.
- Password. The password that will be entered during login.
- Confirm Password. The same password again (to make sure the password is entered correctly).
- Email. Email address for this user.
- Registration Date. The date this user was registered.
- Last Visit Date. The date this user last logged into the site.
- Receive System E-mails. Here you can select whether to let this user receive the system e-mails or not. Only available when editing Administrators or Super Administrators.
- Block User. Here you can select whether to disable this user or not. Only available when editing Administrators or Super Administrators.
- Backend Template Style. The template style to use for this user in the administrative backend.
- Back-end Language. Here you can select the back-end language of the user. All installed languages for the back-end will be displayed in the drop-down box. Default is the language set in Language Manager.
- Front-end Language. Here you can select the front-end language of the user. All installed languages for the front-end will be displayed in the drop-down box. Default is the language set in Language Manager.
- Editor. The editor to use for this user.
- Help Site. Set the help site of the user. Default is the Help Server set in the Global Configuration.
- Time Zone. Set the time zone of the user. Default is the Time Zone set in the Global Configuration.
- Contact information. If you linked a contact to this user, the contact information will be showed here.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Save the updated user and continue editing.
- Save & Close: Save the updated user and return to the user listings.
- Save & New: Save the updated user and create a new user
- Cancel: Cancel the user information and return to the user listings.
- Help: Brings you to this help screen
- Name, Login Name, and Email are required.
- If you did not fill in a particular language, editor, help site and/or time zone, the default settings from the Global Configuration, Language Manager and/or Template Manager are set.