This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to add or edit banner tracks.
How to Access
- Select Components → Banners → Tracks from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel. You can also select the 'Tracks' menu link from the Banner Categories Manager, Banner Manager or the Banner Tracks Manager.
The Banner Tracks Manager is where you can edit existing Banner Tracks or create new ones.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Client. The name of the Banner Client. You may click on the name to open the Client for editing.
- Contact. The Contact for this Client.
- Published. Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Active. The number of Banners defined for this Client.
- Meta Keywords. Meta keywords to be used for this client's banners.
- Purchase Type. The banner purchase type of the client. This is used to indicate how the client purchased the display time for their banners - monthly, yearly, etc...
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Filter by Partial Title
You can filter the list of items by typing part of the client's name.
Filter by Published State
In the upper right area, above the column headings, there is one drop-down box as shown below:
Only items matching the selected state will display in the list. Chunk25:Listfiltering
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new banner tracks.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected banner tracks. If more than one banner tracks is selected (where applicable), only the first banner tracks will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Title or Name of the banner tracks.
- Publish. Makes the selected banner tracks available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected banner tracks unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected banner tracks to indicate that they are archived. Archived banner tracks can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the banner tracks to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check In. Checks-in the selected banner tracks. Works with one or multiple banner tracks selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected banner tracks to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed banner tracks can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the banner tracks to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed banner tracks, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the banner tracks to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters or permissions can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Click the Options button to open the Banner Manager Options window which lets you configure this component.
Buttons Common to All Tabs
- Save. Saves the banner options and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the banner options and closes the current screen.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
Client Options Tab
- Purchase Type. (Unlimited/Yearly/Monthly/Weekly/Daily) This is used to indicate how the banner client purchased the display time for the banner
- Track Impressions. (Yes/No) Whether or not to count how many times a Banner is displayed.
- Track Clicks. (Yes/No) Whether or not to count how many times a Banner is clicked.
- Meta Keyword Prefix. When matching keywords (for matching Banners to Articles based on Keywords), only search for keywords with this prefix. This can improve performance.
This screen allows you to set the component permissions in Joomla. This is important to consider if you have sites with many different user categories all of whom need to have different accessibilities to the component. The screenshot below describes what you should see and the text below that describes what each permission level gives the user access to:
You work on one Group at a time by opening the slider for that group. You change the permissions in the Select New Settings drop-down list boxes. The options for each value are Inherited, Allowed, or Denied. The Calculated Setting column shows you the setting in effect. It is either Not Allowed (the default), Allowed, or Denied. Note that the Calculated Setting column is not updated until you press the Save button in the toolbar. To check that the settings are what you want, press the Save button and check the Calculated Settings column.
The default values used here are the ones set in the Global Configuration Permissions Tab
- Open the banners component option screens (the modal window these options are in)
- Access Administration Interface
- Open the banners component manger screens
- Create new banners in the component
- Delete existing banners in the component
- Edit existing banners in the component
- Edit State
- Change an banners state (Publish, Unpublish, Archive, and Trash) in the component.
There are two very important points to understand from this screen. The first is to see how the permissions can be inherited from the parent Group. The second is to see how you can control the default permissions by Group and by Action. This provides a lot of flexibility. For example, if you wanted Shop Suppliers to be able to have the ability to create an article about their product, you could just change their Create value to "Allowed". If you wanted to not allow members of Administrator group to delete objects or change their state, you would change their permissions in these columns to Inherited (or Denied). It is also important to understand that the ability to have child groups is completely optional. It allows you to save some time when setting up new groups. However, if you like, you can set up all groups to have Public as the parent and not inherit any permissions from a parent group.
At the top left, above the Filter, you will see the following four links:
- Banners. Click this link to go to the Banners Manager page.
- Categories. Click this link to go to the Banner Category Manager page.
- Clients. This link is disabled, since you are already in the Clients page.
- Tracks. Click this link to go to the Banner Tracks Manager page.