Components Finder Manage Content Maps
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 16:47, 2 January 2012 by Chris Davenport
How to access
From the administrator area, select Components → Smart Search from the drop-down menu of the Administration screen, then click on the Content Maps menu bar item.
- Smart Search was introduced in Joomla 2.5 but is not enabled by default in that version.
- If you are new to Smart Search then you should read the Smart Search quickstart guide.
This screen shows the content maps currently in the Smart Search index. Each content item that is indexed by Smart Search is added to one or more content maps that can be used as filters when searching the index. For example, all regular Joomla articles are added to a content map called "Author". Within the "Author" map there are nodes for each particular author and each article is added to the node for the relevant author of that article.
The content maps screen shows all the branches within the Smart Search index together with a number indicating the number of nodes within that branch. Clicking on a branch title allows you to see the nodes within that branch together with the number of content items that belong to that node. A content item can belong to multiple nodes within a branch as well as to multiple branches.
Content maps are the basis of filtering and faceted search.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Publish. Makes the selected branches or nodes available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected branches or nodes unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Delete. Deletes the selected branches or nodes. Works with one or multiple branches or nodes selected. You can recover a deleted branch or node by running the Smart Search indexer again.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters or permissions can be edited. See Smart Search configuration options for further details.
- Statistics. Shows some basic statistics on Smart Search.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Search Maps. In the upper left is a text field and two buttons, as shown below.
Enter part of the title of a branch or node and press the Search button to find matching branch or node. Press Reset to clear the search field and restore the list of content branches or nodes.
- Filter by branch. Select the content map branch from the drop-down list.
- Filter by published state. Choose whether to show only published or unpublished branches or nodes by selecting the appropriate item from the drop-down list.
In the table containing the indexed content for your Joomla! site you will see different columns. Here you can read what they mean and what is displayed in each column.
- Title. The title of the branch or node.
- Status. The status of the branch or node within Smart Search. Published items are shown with a green tick; unpublished items by a red circle. You can change the status of an item by clicking on the icon.