This page is tagged because it NEEDS IMAGES. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
How to Access
To 'add' a new Search Filter or 'edit' an existing Search Filter, navigate to the Search Filter Manager:
- Select Components → Smart Search → Search filters
Click the 'New' button to create a new Search Filter.
To 'Edit' an existing Search Filter, in Search Filter Manager click on an Search Filter's Title or click the Search Filter's check box and then click the Edit button in the Toolbar.
This screen allows you to create a new search filter or amend an existing one.
Details and Options
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Alias. The internal name of the item, also used in the URL when SEF is activated. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. Non-Latin characters can be allowed in the alias if you set the Unicode Aliases option to Yes in Global Configuration. If this option is set to No and the title includes non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time (for example "2012-12-31-17-54-38").
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Archived/Trashed) The published status of the item.
- Map Count. The number of content map nodes included in the search filter.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the search filter and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the search filter and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the search filter and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another search filter.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current search filter. Does not affect the current search filter. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new search filter.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Smart Search was introduced in Joomla 2.5 but is not enabled by default in that version.
- If you are new to Smart Search then you should read the Smart Search quickstart guide.