Components Finder Manage Search Filters Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 09:43, 18 March 2013 by Wilsonge
Components Help Screens
How to Access
To 'add' a new Search Filter or 'edit' an existing Search Filter, navigate to the Search Filter Manager:
- Select Components → Smart Search → Search filters
Click the 'New' button to create a new Search Filter.
To 'Edit' an existing Search Filter, in Search Filter Manager click on an Search Filter's Title or click the Search Filter's check box and then click the Edit button in the Toolbar.
This screen allows you to create a new search filter or amend an existing one.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the search filter and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the search filter and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the search filter and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another search filter.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current search filter. Does not affect the current search filter. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new search filter.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Display and Options
Search filter maps
- Smart Search was introduced in Joomla 2.5 but is not enabled by default in that version.
- If you are new to Smart Search then you should read the Smart Search quickstart guide.