Components Messaging Read
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 22:18, 29 July 2012 by JoomlaWikiBot
How to Access
Select Components → Messaging → Read Private Messages from the drop-down menu on the Back-end of your Joomla! 1.6.x installation. Next, click on a Subject hyperlink to open the "View Message" screen. Alternatively, you may select File:Help25 Components Messaging Read MyMessages.png at the top of the Administrative pages to find a message to read.
This screen allows you to view and reply to a single private message only.
- From. The sender of the message.
- Posted. The date and time the message was sent.
- Subject. The subject of the message.
- Message. The body of the message.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Reply. Creates a new message as a reply to the current message.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Only users who are members of the "Super Users" and "Administrator" groups have access to this screen, unless User Group permissions have been altered for this component via Options at the Private Messages - Inbox screen.