Difference between revisions of "Components Newsfeeds Categories Edit"
From Joomla! Documentation
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
Revision as of 18:22, 20 February 2013
Components Help Screens
How to Access
Select Components → News Feeds → Categories. Once at the News Feeds Category Manager, either select the feed category and click the edit icon on the toolbar, click the name of the category, or click on the "New" icon on the toolbar.
The New/Edit page for the News Feeds Category Manager is a create/edit screen that allows website administrators to create or edit News Feed Categories. Categories allow a broken down structure of News Feeds. You must have at least one category before you can create any News Feeds!
- Title. The Title for this item. This may or may not display on the page, depending on the parameter values you choose.
- Alias. The internal name of the item. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. The Alias will be used in the URL when SEF is activated. Note: If the title consists of non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time, for example "2009-02-11-17-54-38".
- Parent. Allows a parent category for the category being edited/created to be chosen.
- Published. Whether or not this item is published. Select Yes or No from the radio button group to set the Published state for this item.
- Access Level. Who has access to this item. Current options are:
- Public: Everyone has access
- Registered: Only registered users have access
- Special: Only users with author status or higher have access
- Enter the desired level using the drop-down list box.
- Language. Select the language for this item. If you are not using the multi-language feature of Joomla, keep the default of 'All'.
- ID. The ID number. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, for example in internal links. You can not change this number.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the news feed category and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the news feed category and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the news feed category and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another news feed category.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- You must create at least one News Feed Category before you can create any News Feeds.
- To work with News Feeds: News Feeds Manager