Components Weblinks Categories
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 12:28, 25 December 2011 by Chris Davenport
- 1 Overview
- 2 How to Access
- 3 Description
- 4 Screenshot
- 5 Toolbar
- 6 "Web Links" / "Categories" Links
- 7 Options
- 8 Related Information
The Web Links Category Manager allows you to manage categories that can be used to classify Web Links.
How to Access
Select Components → Weblinks → Categories from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel, or select the "Categories" link on the Web Links Manager screen.
The Web Links Category Manager is where you can edit existing Web Links Categories and create new ones. Note that Web Links Categories are separate from other Categories, such as Categories for Articles, Banners, News Feeds, and Contacts. From this screen, you can also navigate to the Web Links Manager screen.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Published. Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Ordering. Select the ordering of the module as compared to other modules in the same position. See Position.
- Access. The viewing level access for this item.
- Language. Item language.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Filter by Partial Title
Filter by Max Levels, State, Access and Language
In the upper right area, above the column headings, are 3 drop-down list boxes as shown below:
Number of Items to Display
Below the list you'll find:
Batch process the selected categories
Below the list of categories is the batch processing section:
- Set Access Level. Use this drop-down list to select an access level.
- Set Language. Use this drop-down list to select a language.
- Select Category for Move/Copy. Use this drop-down list to select a category to move or copy the selected categories to. Use the radio button to select either a move or copy operation.
- Process. Press this button to execute your batch processing settings for the selected categories.
- Clear. Reset your batch processing settings selections.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
"Web Links" / "Categories" Links
At the top left, above the Filter, you will see two links as shown below:
- Web Links. Press this link to go to the Web Links Manager page.
- Categories This link is disabled, since we are already in the Categories page.