Extensions Language Manager Overrides
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 08:47, 21 March 2013 by Wilsonge
This page is tagged because it NEEDS IMAGES. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
How to Access
Select Extensions → Language Manager from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation or click the icon Language in the control center then click the Overrides tab.
Here you can override any language string in your website in any installed language.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Constant. The language string constant being overridden.
- Text. The text that is replacing the language constant.
- Language Tag. The language tag of the text.
- Location. Whether the item is a public front-end or an administrator back-end item. 'Site' means it is a public front-end item. 'Administrator' means it is an administrator back-end item.
- #. An indexing number automatically assigned by Joomla! for ease of reference.
Filter by Partial Title
Filter by Language
In the upper right area, above the column headings, there is a drop-down list boxes as shown below:
You can filter by the Language of the Strings and by site or administrator access
Number of Items to Display
Below the list you'll find:
- Page Controls. When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below.
- Display #: Select the number of items to show on one page.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new language override.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected language override. If more than one language override is selected (where applicable), only the first language override will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Title or Name of the language override.
- Delete. Deletes the selected language overrides. Works with one or multiple language overrides selected.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters or permissions can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
At the top left, above the columns, you will see four links as shown below:
- Installed - Site. Shows the Languages available for the front-end of the web site. See Installed Languages Help Screen
- Installed - Administrator. Shows the Languages available for the back-end of the web site. See Installed Languages Help Screen
- Content. Shows the Content Languages available for the web site. See Extensions Language Manager Content.
- Overrides. Allows you to override any language strings in any language file through the backend. See Language Overrides Help Screen