Extensions Module Manager Admin Popular
From Joomla! Documentation
How to Access
To 'add' a new Popular Articles Module or 'edit' an existing Popular Articles Module, navigate to the Module Manager:
- Select Extensions → Module Manager
Change the drop down box on the left hand site of the 5 from Site to Administrator.
Click the 'New' button and click on Popular Articles in the modal popup window.
To 'Edit' an existing Popular Articles Module, in the Module Manager click on an Popular Articles Module Title or click the Popular Articles Modules check box and then click the Edit button in the Toolbar.
This Module shows a list of the most popular published Articles that are still current. Some that are shown may have expired even though they are the most recent. The Module Type name for this Module is "mod_popular". It is related to the content component.
Details and Options
- Title. The title of the module. This is also the title displayed in the front end for the module depending on the Show Title Form Field
- Show Title. (Show/Hide) Choose whether to show or hide the modules title in the front end. The title will be the one in the Form Field above.
- Module Position. Choose the module position you wish this module to be displayed in. A custom module position can be entered for use with the load position plugin or the position button can be pressed to select a module position from the template.
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Archived/Trashed) The published status of the item.
- Access. The viewing level access for this item.
- Module Ordering. This shows a drop down of every module in the position that the current module is in. This is the order that the modules will display in when displayed on in the front end as well as in the Module Manager.
- Start Publishing. Date and time to start publishing. Use this field if you want to enter content ahead of time and then have it published automatically at a future time.
- Finish Publishing. Date and time to finish publishing. Use this field if you want to have content automatically changed to Unpublished state at a future time (for example, when it is no longer applicable).
- Language. Item language.
- Note. Item note. This is normally for the site administrator's use (for example, to document information about this item) and does not show in the front end of the site.
- Count. The number of articles to display
- Choose a category. Select one Category from the list box.
- Authors. (Anyone/Added or modified by me/Not added or modified by me) Choose whether the authors should be anyone, added or modified by the logged in user or not added or modified by the logged in user.
- Alternative Layout. If you have defined one or more alternative layouts for the Single Article menu item, you can select the layout to use for this article. See Layout Overrides in Joomla 2.5 for more information about alternative layouts.
- Module Class Suffix. Setting this parameter causes Joomla! to either add a new CSS class or modify the existing CSS class for the div element for this specific module. See here for more information
- Caching. (Use Global/No Caching) Choose whether you wish to cache the contents of the module.
- Automatic Title. (Yes/No) Choose if you want a automatic (translated) title to be displayed. Note this depends on the admin template chosen.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the module and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the module and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the module and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another module.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current module. Does not affect the current module. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new module.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.