Difference between revisions of "Extensions Module Manager Articles Archive"
From Joomla! Documentation
(Created page with "===Archived Content=== This Module shows Articles that have been set to Archived. The Articles are available behind a Month/Year directory list, as shown in the example below.[[I...")
(Added toolbar section.)
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
Revision as of 16:07, 31 December 2011
This Module shows Articles that have been set to Archived. The Articles are available behind a Month/Year directory list, as shown in the example below.
Selecting a month link shows a screen like the one below.
Articles are stored by creation date not archival date. Only those months and years with archived Articles will be displayed. This list is generated automatically.
The Module Type name for this is "mod_archive". This module does not relate to any other component. This Module provides functionality that is similar to the Archived Article List Layout available on the Menu Item Manager New / Edit screen.
- Count. The number of months to show in the module. When the Archived Articles filter shows, you may retrieve archived Articles from any month by changing the filter settings.
- Module Class Suffix. A suffix applied to the CSS class of the Module. This allows you to create customized CSS styles that will apply just to this module. You would then modify the "template.css" file of your template to apply styling to this new class.
- Enter this parameter with a leading space to create a new CSS class for this module. Enter the parameter without a leading space to change the CSS class name for this module.
- See the tutorial Using Class Suffixes in Joomla! 1.5/1.6 for more information.
- Caching. Use Global/No Caching. Whether or not to cache the content of this Module. A setting of "Use Global" will use the Cache Settings from the Global Configuration screen.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the module and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the module and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the module and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another module.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current module. Does not affect the current module. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new module.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.