Difference between revisions of "Extensions Module Manager Articles Categories"
From Joomla! Documentation
(Created page with "===Categories=== This Module shows a list of all categories within a selected category in the web site database. Sections are set up using the [[screen.sections.15|Section Manage...")
(Added toolbar section.)
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
Revision as of 15:08, 31 December 2011
This Module shows a list of all categories within a selected category in the web site database. Sections are set up using the Section Manager screen. If the parameter Show Unauthorized Links [this has to be done in the article configuration at the Article Manager] is set to "No", only Sections that the User can access will be shown (after ACL like Public, Registered, Special). An example of the Sections Module is shown below:
The Module Type name for this Module is "mod_sections". It is not related to any other component.
- Count. The number of Sections to display. The default value is 5.
- Module Class Suffix. A suffix applied to the CSS class of the Module. This allows you to create customized CSS styles that will apply just to this module. You would then modify the "template.css" file of your template to apply styling to this new class.
- Enter this parameter with a leading space to create a new CSS class for this module. Enter the parameter without a leading space to change the CSS class name for this module.
- See the tutorial Using Class Suffixes in Joomla! 1.5/1.6 for more information.
- Caching. Use Global/No Caching. Whether or not to cache the content of this Module. A setting of "Use Global" will use the Cache Settings from the Global Configuration screen.
- Cache Time. The length of time, in minutes, before the Module is re-cached.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the module and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the module and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the module and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another module.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current module. Does not affect the current module. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new module.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.