Extensions Module Manager Articles Newsflash
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 16:40, 31 December 2011 by Chris Davenport
Articles NewsFlash Module
This Module shows one or more Articles from one Category each time the page is refreshed. One random Article or a list of Articles can be displayed. An example is shown below.
The Module Type name for this Module is "mod_newsflash". This Module is not related to any other component.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the module and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the module and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the module and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another module.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current module. Does not affect the current module. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new module.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Category. Select one Category from the drop-down list box.
- Randomly choose one at a time. Display one Article at random from the selected Category each time the page is refreshed.
- Horizontal. Display the number of Articles listed in "# of Articles" Parameter in horizontal columns.
- Vertical. Display the number of Articles listed in "# of Articles" Parameter in a vertical layout.
- Show Images. Whether or not to show any images in the Article.
- Title Linkable. (No/Yes/Use Global) Whether or not the Title of the Article will be a hyperlink to the Article.
- Show last separator. Whether or not to show a separator after the last Article.
- Read more... link. Whether to Hide or Show the Read more... link.
- Article Title. Whether or not to show the Article Title.
- # of Articles. The number of Articles to display if a Horizontal or Vertical Layout is selected above. If blank, 5 Articles will display. Articles are displayed based on their order within the Category in the Article Manager screen.
- Module Class Suffix. A suffix applied to the CSS class of the Module. This allows you to create customized CSS styles that will apply just to this module. You would then modify the "template.css" file of your template to apply styling to this new class.
- Enter this parameter with a leading space to create a new CSS class for this module. Enter the parameter without a leading space to change the CSS class name for this module.
- See the tutorial Using Class Suffixes in Joomla! 1.5/1.6 for more information.
- Caching. Use Global/No Caching. Whether or not to cache the content of this Module. A setting of "Use Global" will use the Cache Settings from the Global Configuration screen.
- Cache Time. The length of time, in minutes, before the Module is re-cached.