Extensions Module Manager Feed Display
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 17:53, 4 August 2012 by JoomlaWikiBot
Feed Display Module
This Module shows an RSS News Feed from a website. An example is shown below:
The Module Type name for this Module is "mod_feed". This Module is not related to the News Feeds Component or the News Feeds Layouts in the Menu Items - New/Edit screen but is an alternative that allows a feed to display in a Module position.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the module and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the module and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the module and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another module.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current module. Does not affect the current module. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new module.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Module Class Suffix. A suffix applied to the CSS class of the Module. This allows you to create customized CSS styles that will apply just to this module. You would then modify the "template.css" file of your template to apply styling to this new class.
- Enter this parameter with a leading space to create a new CSS class for this module. Enter the parameter without a leading space to change the CSS class name for this module.
- See the tutorial Using Class Suffixes in Joomla! 1.5/1.6 for more information.
- Feed URL. The URL address of the RSS news feed.
- Feed Title. Whether or not to display the Feed Title.
- Feed Description. Whether or not to display the Feed Description.
- Feed Image. Whether or not to display the Feed Image.
- Items. The number of news feed items to display.
- Item Description. Whether or not to show the Description or Into Text of individual items.
- Word Count. The maximum number of words to display in the Item Description. A value of 0 will display the entire Item Description.
- Caching. Use Global/No Caching. Whether or not to cache the content of this Module. A setting of "Use Global" will use the Cache Settings from the Global Configuration screen.
- Cache Time. The length of time, in seconds, before the Module is re-cached.