Extensions Module Manager Random Image
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 16:16, 31 December 2011 by Chris Davenport
How to access
To access the Random Image module, go to your site back-end. Using the top menu, go to Extensions -> module manager and select "new". Then, select Random Image.
This Module displays a random image from a directory.
An example is shown below:
- Image Type. The type of image to display. Options are "jpg", "png", "gif", and so on. The default is "jpg".
- Image Folder. The folder on the server that stores the image files. The path is relative to the site URL (for example, "images/stories").
- Link. Optional web site to link to when image is clicked.
- Width (px). Optional image width, in pixels. If entered, image will be forced to this width.
- Height (px). Optional image height, in pixels. If entered, image will be forced to this height.
- Alternative layout Apply an alternative layout or template override
- Module Class Suffix Apply a CSS suffix to the module
- Caching. Use Global/No Caching. Whether or not to cache the content of this Module. A setting of "Use Global" will use the Cache Settings from the Global Configuration screen.
No tips have been added for the Wrapper module.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the module and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the module and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the module and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another module.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current module. Does not affect the current module. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new module.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.