Extensions Module Manager Syndication Feeds
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 16:53, 4 August 2012 by JoomlaWikiBot
Syndication Feeds Module
How to access
You can access this module by creating a new module of this type. Alternatively, you can open an existing module of this type. Both are done in the Module Manager, under Extensions > Module Manager.
This Module creates a RSS Feed link for the page. This allows a User to create a newsfeed for the current page. An example is shown below.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the module and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the module and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the module and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another module.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current module. Does not affect the current module. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new module.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Item Text. Text to be displayed next to the RSS Link button. If left blank, the default text "Feed Entries" will display. If you do not want to display any text, type a space inside double quotes (" ").
- Feed Format. Format of the newsfeed. Options are RSS 2.0 or Atom 1.0.
- Alternative layout Apply an alternative layout or template override
- Module Class Suffix Apply a CSS suffix to the module
- Caching. Use Global/No Caching. Whether or not to cache the content of this Module. A setting of "Use Global" will use the Cache Settings from the Global Configuration screen.
Not all menu items types actually provide for an RSS feed. This will be displayed on types of Category Blog and on Featured Articles menu types (probably others). On pages for which no feed is available this module will not display.