This page is tagged because it NEEDS IMAGES. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to edit template master files and associated stylesheets.
How to Access
Navigate to the Template Manager: Templates screen. To edit a template, click on the templates's name.
This is where you edit a template's source code. You can edit the template's master files and stylesheets from this screen.
Details and Options
Template Master Files
- Edit main page template. The primary file used for the template's layout.
- Edit error page template. The template layout for the site's error pages.
- Edit error offline template. The template layout for the site's offline pages.
- Edit print view template. The template layout for the site's print view function.
This section contains all of the template's editable stylesheets. Click on a stylesheet's name to edit its source code.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Before editing the HTML and the CSS file of the template, it is a good idea to make a backup of the file you are editing. Also, you can edit these files outside of Joomla! using the HTML or CSS editor of your choice.