Menus Menu Item Contact Single Contact
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 07:30, 9 February 2013 by Wilsonge
This article or section is incomplete, which means it may be lacking information. You are welcome to assist in its completion by editing it as well. If this article or section
How To Access
To create a new Category List Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click New to create a new menu item or click on an existing item to edit.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Single Contact link under Contacts.
To edit an existing Single Contact Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to show a single contact from the contacts component.
The Featured Articles layout has the following Integration Options.
These determine whether a news feed will be available for the page and what information it will show.
- Show Feed Link. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to Hide or Show a link to a news feed (RSS Feed). If set to Show, a Feed Link will show up as a feed icon in the address bar of most modern browsers).
Contact Display Options
The Category List Layout has the following Contact Options, as shown below. These options determine how the contacts will show in the list layout.
In addition to Yes/No or Hide/Show, these options allow the following settings.
- Use Global: Use the default value from Contact Manager Options.
The Contact Options are as follows.
- Display format. (Use Global/Sliders/Tabs/Plain) Determines the style used to display sections of the contact form.
- Contact Category. (Use Global/Hide/Show Without Link/Show With Link) Shows or Hides the contacts category with or without a link.
- Show Contact List. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide a drop down allowing the selection of any other contact from the same category.
- Name. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the name of the contact.
- Position. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the position of the contact.
- Email. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the email of the contact.
- Street Address. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the street address of the contact.
- City or Suburb. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the city or suburb of the contact.
- State or County. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the State or County of the contact.
- Postal Code. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the Postal/ZIP code of the contact.
- Country. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the Country of the contact.
- Telephone. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the telephone number of the contact.
- Mobile Phone. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the mobile number of the contact.
- Fax. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the fax number of the contact.
- Webpage. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the Webpage of the contact.
- Miscellaneous Information. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the Miscellaneous Information of the contact (note this is called Contact Information in the Contact Component).
- Image. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide an image to be displayed with this item/category in the front-end.
- vCard. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the vCard (electronic business card) link for this Contact. Note that the "Enable vCard" option in the Contact Manager - Options must be set to "Show" for this option to work correctly.
- Show User Articles. (Use Global/Hide/Show) If the contact selected has a Joomla profile linked - then all the articles that user has posted will be displayed.
- Show Links. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show extra links for the contact (see the parameters below).
- Link A Label. (Input Field) Label for an additional link for this contact.
- Link B Label Same as Link A label
- Link C Label Same as Link A label
- Link D Label Same as Link A label
- Link E Label Same as Link A label
- Show Contact Form. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide contact form.
- Send Copy to Submitter. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide checkbox to allow copy of email to be sent to submitter.
- Banned Email. Email addresses not allowed to submit information with the contact form.
- Banned Subject. Subjects not allowed in contact form.
- Banned Text. Text not allowed in contact form body.
- Session Check. (Use Global/No/Yes) Check for the existence of session cookie. This means that users without cookies enabled will not be able to send emails.
- Custom Reply. (Use Global/No/Yes) Turns off the automated reply, allowing for Plugins to handle integration with other systems.
- Contact Redirect. Enter an alternative email address, where information will be sent to.
See Menu Item Manager: New Menu Item for help on fields common to all Menu Item types, including Details, Link Type Options, Page Display Options, Metadata Options, and Module Assignments for this Menu Item.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current menu item. Does not affect the current menu item. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new menu item.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- The Single contact is a convenient way to allow people to contact the webmaster of a website easily.