Difference between revisions of "Menus Menu Item Finder Search"
From Joomla! Documentation
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
Revision as of 11:15, 20 February 2013
This page is tagged because it NEEDS IMAGES. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
Used to a page of search results from Smart Search, together with an optional form to allow refinement of the search criteria.
How To Access
To create a new Search Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click New to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Search under Smart Search.
To edit an existing Search Wrapper, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to create a page for Smart Search Results, which can be used in conjunction with a Smart Search module to control Search Results Page's layout. Ability to 'can' Smart Search results to specific filters to control a search.
The Smart Search layout has the following Integration Options.
These determine whether a news feed will be available for the page and what information it will show.
- Show Feed Link. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to Hide or Show a link to a news feed (RSS Feed). If set to Show, a Feed Link will show up as a feed icon in the address bar of most modern browsers).
See Menu Item Manager: New Menu Item for help on fields common to all Menu Item types, including Details, Link Type Options, Page Display Options, Metadata Options, and Module Assignments for this Menu Item.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current menu item. Does not affect the current menu item. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new menu item.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.