Menus Menu Item Newsfeed Single Newsfeed
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 18:38, 14 February 2013 by Wilsonge
This article or section is incomplete, which means it may be lacking information. You are welcome to assist in its completion by editing it as well. If this article or section
How To Access
To create a new Category List Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click New to create a new menu item or click on an existing item to edit.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Single Newsfeed link under Newsfeeds.
To edit an existing Single Newsfeed Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to show a single newsfeed from the Newsfeeds component.
The Single Newsfeed layout has the following Required Setting.
- Feed. Shows a modal window allowing you to select which newsfeed to display in the single newsfeed view
Feed Display Options
The Single Newsfeed Layout has the following Newsfeed Options, as shown below. These options determine how the newsfeeds will show in the list layout.
In addition to Yes/No or Hide/Show, these options allow the following settings.
- Use Global: Use the default value from Newsfeed Manager Options.
The Newsfeed Options are as follows:
- Feed Image. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or hide images in the feed.
- Feed Description. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the Feed Description.
- Feed Content. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the Feed Content.
- Character Count. (Integer) The number of characters to display for the feed.
- Feed Display Order. (Use Global/Most Recent First/Oldest First) Choose the order to display the feed.
See Menu Item Manager: New Menu Item for help on fields common to all Menu Item types, including Details, Link Type Options, Page Display Options, Metadata Options, and Module Assignments for this Menu Item.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current menu item. Does not affect the current menu item. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new menu item.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- The Single newsfeed is a convenient way to allow viewing of a rss feed of articles from another website.