Users User Notes
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 04:33, 7 February 2013 by Wilsonge
This page is tagged because it NEEDS REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
Adds a specific note or comment about a user.
How to Access
From the administrator area, select Users → User Notes from the drop-down menu of the Administration screen, or click on the User Manager icon in the Control Panel and select the User Notes tab.
User notes are pieces of information which can be assigned to registered users on your Joomla! site. These notes can contain for example comments about 'offending' or 'difficult' users etc.
In the table containing the user notes assigned to users registered on your Joomla! site, you will see different columns. Here you can read what they mean and what is displayed in that column.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- User. The name of the user.
- Subject. The subject of the user note.
- Category. The Category this item belongs to.
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Archived/Trashed) The published status of the item.
- Review date. The date when the user note was created.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
- Display #. The number of items to display on one page. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages. Note that if you have a large number of items, it may be helpful to use the Filter options, located above the column headings, to limit which items display (where applicable).
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new user notes.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected user notes. If more than one user notes is selected (where applicable), only the first user notes will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Title or Name of the user notes.
- Publish. Makes the selected user notes available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected user notes unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected user notes to indicate that they are archived. Archived user notes can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the user notes to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check In. Checks-in the selected user notes. Works with one or multiple user notes selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected user notes to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed user notes can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the user notes to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed user notes, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the user notes to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters or permissions can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Filter by Partial User Name or Partial Subject text
- Filter. In the upper left is a Search field and two buttons, as shown below.
Filter by Category or Status of the user note
- In the upper right there are drop-down menus as shown below.
Choose one of the categories or statuses to find matching user notes.
- Click on the username to edit the user note properties.