Difference between revisions of "Components Banners Banners"
From Joomla! Documentation
m (→List Filters: update section)
m (→Options: adding a red link to new help screen page for Banners Options Help Screen)
|Line 61:||Line 61:|
Click the Options button to open the '''
Click the Options button to open the '''''' window which lets you configure this component.
Revision as of 23:56, 10 January 2013
- 1 How to Access
- 2 Description
- 3 Screenshot
- 4 Column Headers
- 5 List Filters
- 6 Toolbar
- 7 Options
- 8 Toolbar Links
- 9 Quick Tips
- 10 Related Information
Components Help Screens
How to Access
- Select Components → Banners → Banners
- Select the Banners menu link from the Banner Categories Manager, Banner Clients Manager or the Banner Tracks Manager pages in the top left sidebar.
Used to view a list of existing Banners, edit current and create new Banners. There must be at least one Banner Client and Banner Category before a Banner can be created.
In the table containing Banners, these are the different columns shown below. Click on the column heading on the banner manager screen to sort the list by that column's value.
- Ordering. Up-Down Arrows User specified ordering, default is order of item creation. When active, drag and drop ordering by 'click and hold' on the bars icon then 'release' in desired position.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Trashed) The published status of the item.
- Name. The name of the Banner. Editing Option - 'click' on the name to open the Banner for editing.
- Sticky. (Yes or No) Whether or not the Banner is "sticky". If one or more Banners in a Category are designated "sticky," they will take priority over Banners that are not sticky.
- For example, if two Banners in a Category are sticky and a third Banner is not sticky, the third Banner will not display if the Banner display module setting is "Sticky, Randomize" or "Sticky, Order." Only the two sticky Banners will display. If the sticky banners have a fixed number of impressions, once those impressions are used up, the sticky banners will no longer display, and the non-sticky banners will begin displaying automatically.
- Client. The Client for this Banner. Clients are entered using the Banner Client Manager.
- Impressions. The Impression count is the number of times the Banner has been displayed on a page. The first number in this column is the actual number of Impressions so far, and the second number is how many Impressions were purchased by the client.
- Clicks. The first number is the total number of clicks that have been made on the Banner since the counter was reset. The second number is what percentage of the time user clicked on the banner when it was displayed.
- Purchase Type. The purchase type of the banner. This is used to indicate how the banner client purchased the display time for the banner.
- Language. Item language.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
The List Filters, above table on the left, above table on right, and other filters as detailed below are in the left, bottom sidebar. These filters are a series of controls that let you limit what items show in the manager screen. More than one filter may be entered. In this case, only items that meet all of the filter conditions will show on the list.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value. This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon(up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Ordering (default). The column in which to sort displayed items in the table. The values are the same as the column heading names.
- Ascending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- # (default is 20). Shows the number of items to display on one page, default is 20 items. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons located at the bottom of the table. (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages.
Filter by Partial Title
Search Title In the upper left is a filter or search field and two buttons, as shown below.
- To filter in title, enter part of the title and click Search.
- Click X to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
Filter by Published State, Client, Category, and Language
Filter by Published Status. Lets you show only items with the selected published status.
- - Select Status -: Shows items that are Published and Unpublished. Does not show items that are Trashed or Archived.
- Published: Shows only items that are Published.
- Unpublished: Shows only items that are Unpublished.
- Archived: Shows only items that are Archived.
- Trashed: Shows only items that are Trashed. Important Note: To permanently delete items:
- Change the status of the items to Trashed.
- Change the Status filter to Trashed. At this point the trashed items will show and an icon called "Empty trash" will show in the toolbar.
- Select the desired trashed items and click on "Empty Trash" in the toolbar. The items will be permanently deleted.
- All: Shows all items regardless of published status.
Filter by Client. Lets you show only items that have a specific client assigned. The list box will show the clients defined for your site, similar to the example below.
- - Select Client - or All: Show items for any client.
- <client name>: Show items only for this client.
Filter by Category. Lets you show only items assigned to a specific category. The list box will show the categories defined for your site.
- - Select Category -: Show items assigned to any category.
- <your category>: Show items assigned only to this category.
Filter by Language. Lets you show only items that have a specific language assigned. The list box will show the languages defined for your site, similar to the example below.
- - Select Language - or All: Show items for any language.
- <your language>: Show items only for this language.
Page Controls. When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new banner.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected banner. If more than one banner is selected (where applicable), only the first banner will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Title or Name of the banner.
- Publish. Makes the selected banners available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected banners unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected banners to indicate that they are archived. Archived banners can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the banners to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check In. Checks-in the selected banners. Works with one or multiple banners selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected banners to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed banners can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the banners to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed banners, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the banners to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.
- Batch. Batch processes the selected banners. Works with one or multiple banners selected.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
Click the Options button to open the Help30:Components_Banners_Banners_Options window which lets you configure this component.
Buttons Common to All Tabs
Client Options Tab
- Purchase Type. This is used to indicate how the banner client purchased the display time for the banner - monthly, yearly, etc...
- Track Impressions. Whether or not to count how many times a Banner is displayed.
- Track Clicks. Whether or not to count how many times a Banner is clicked.
- Meta Keyword Prefix. When matching keywords (for matching Banners to Articles based on Keywords), only search for keywords with this prefix. This can improve performance.
Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns admin Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns manage Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns create Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns delete Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns edit Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns edit state
For more information, please refer to:
At the top left, above the Filter, you will see the following four links:
- Banners. This link is disabled, since you are already in the Banners page.
- Categories. Click this link to go to the Banner Category Manager page.
- Clients. Click this link to go to the Banner Client Manager page.
- Tracks. Click this link to go to the Banner Tracks Manager page.
- You must add at least one Banner Client and Banner Category before you can add a Banner.