Components Banners Clients
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 16:37, 15 September 2012 by Chris Davenport
Components Help Screens
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to add or edit banner clients.
How to Access
- Select Components → Banners → Clients from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel. You can also select the 'Clients' menu link from the Banner Categories Manager, Banner Manager or the Banner Tracks Manager.
The Banner Client Manager is where you can edit existing Banner Clients or create new ones. Note that you must have at least one Banner Client and one Banner Category defined before you can add your first Banner.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Client. The name of the Banner Client. You may click on the name to open the Client for editing.
- Contact. The Contact for this Client.
- Published. Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Active. The number of Banners defined for this Client.
- Meta Keywords. Meta keywords to be used for this client's banners.
- Purchase Type. The banner purchase type of the client. This is used to indicate how the client purchased the display time for their banners - monthly, yearly, etc...
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.</translate>
Filter by Partial Title
You can filter the list of items by typing part of the client's name. File:Help30-Components-Banners-Clients-filter-name-subscreen.png
Filter by Published State
In the upper right area, above the column headings, there is one drop-down box as shown below:
Only items matching the selected state will display in the list. Chunk30:Listfiltering
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new banner client.</translate>
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected banner client. If more than one banner client is selected (where applicable), only the first banner client will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Title or Name of the banner client.</translate>
- Publish. Makes the selected banner clients available to visitors to your website.</translate>
- Unpublish: Makes the selected banner clients unavailable to visitors to your website.</translate>
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected banner clients to indicate that they are archived. Archived banner clients can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the banner clients to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check In. Checks-in the selected banner clients. Works with one or multiple banner clients selected.</translate>
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected banner clients to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed banner clients can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the banner clients to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed banner clients, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the banner clients to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.</translate>
- Options: Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
At the top left, above the Filter, you will see the following four links:
- Banners. Click this link to go to the Banners Manager page.
- Categories. Click this link to go to the Banner Category Manager page.
- Clients. This link is disabled, since you are already in the Clients page.
- Tracks. Click this link to go to the Banner Tracks Manager page.