Provides an method to apply global parameters to all menus.
How to Access
On User Manager: Users, click Options button at top. The Options button is available on User Groups, Viewing Access Levels, User Notes and Note Categories.
Menu Options allow the setting of parameters used globally on all menus such as, Title, CSS Class and Permissions.
- Allow User Registration. Yes or No. If set Yes, users can register from the front end of the site using the Create an Account link provided on the Login module. If set to No, the "Create and Account" link will not show. Since Joomla 3.4 this option is set to No by default for new installations.
- New User Registration Group. The group that users are assigned to by default when they register on the site. Defaults to Registered.
- Guest User Group. The group that guests are assigned to. (Guests are visitors to the site who are not logged in.) This is set to Public by default. If you change this to a different group, it is possible to create content on the site that is visible to guests but not visible to logged in users. See Allowing Guest-Only Access to Menu Items and Modules.
- New User Account Activation.
- None. User account will be active immediately with no action required.
- Self. User will receive an email with an activation link. The account will be activated when the user clicks the activation link.
- Admin. User will receive an email with an activation link. When the user clicks this link, the Site Admin will be notified via email and the Site Admin needs to activate the user's account.
- Notification Mail to Administrators. Send email notification to administrators with User Account Activation set to None or Self.
- Captcha. Use Captcha for User Account Registration and Username or User Password reminders.
- Frontend User Parameters. Show or Hide. If set to Show, users will be able to modify their language, editor, and help site preferences from the front end of the site. If set to Hide, the user will not be able to change these settings.
- Frontend Language. Default site language.
- Change Login Name. Allow user to change Login Name.
- Maximum Reset Count. Maximum number of reset password attempts per Time in Hours. Zero means no limit on reset password attempts.
- Time in Hours. Time period in hours for the Maximum Reset Count.
- Subject Prefix. Enter optional text to be inserted automatically before the subject of the mass email.
- Mailbody Suffix. Enter optional text to be inserted automatically after the body of the email (for example, a signature).
This section shows permissions configuration for Menus. The screen shows as follows.
To change the permissions, do the following.
- Select the Group by clicking its title located on right.
- Find the desired Action. Possible Actions are:
- Configure. Users can edit user options.
- Access Administration Interface. Users can access user administration interface.
- Create. Users can create users.
- Delete. Users can delete users.
- Edit. Users can edit users.
- Edit State. User can change the published state and related information for user.
- Select the desired permission for the action you wish to change. Possible settings are:
- Inherited. Inherited for users in this Group from the Global Configuration, Article Manager Options, or Category permissions.
- Allowed. Allowed for users in this Group. Note that, if this action is Denied at one of the higher levels, the Allowed permission here will not take effect. A Denied setting cannot be overridden.
- Denied. Denied for users in this Group.
- Click Save in Toolbar at top. When the screen refreshes, the Calculated Setting column will show the effective permission for this Group and Action.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the configurations and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the configurations and closes the current screen.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Remember, these choices are applied globally.