Menus Menu Item Menu Item Alias
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 06:41, 28 October 2012 by Tom Hutchison
Menu Manager: Alias Menu Item
How To Access
To create a new Alias Menu Item:
- Select Menus › [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus › Main Menu).
- Click New to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the "Menu Item Alias".(Second last item in the list)
To edit an existing Single Article Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
- The "Menu Item Alias Create an alias to another menu item" is a link on existing site on your website.
- You can navigte from one Item manu to the site, which you already have in different Item menu.
Leave the alias field empty if the menu item alias and the menu item linked to by the alias have the same parent.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>