From Joomla! Documentation
Provides an overview of all activities performed by users on a Joomla site. The screen is used to review, export, delete and purge entries.
How to Access
- Select Users → User Actions Log from the dropdown menu of the Administrator Panel.
In the table containing User Actions Log, these are the different columns as shown below. Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more user actions. To select all user actions, check the box in the column heading.Note: Many toolbar actions can work with multiple user actions.
- Action. The action performed by the user on your site (who did what).
- Extension. The extension used to perform this action.
- Date. Date and time when the action was performed.
- Name. Name of the user who performed the action.
- IP Address. The IP Address of the user who performed the action.Note: This column is displayed only when the option 'IP logging' is set to 'Yes' in the Actions log options.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this user action assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the user action internally, and you cannot change this number.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 dropdown input fields, Sort Table By: (preset to 'ID descending') and a number (preset to '20') to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the dropdown field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon (up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- ID descending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- Number of user actions to display. Shows the number of user actions to display on one page, default is 20 user actions. If there are more user actions than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons to navigate between pages.
The List Filters are a series of controls that let you limit what user actions show in the screen. More than one filter may be entered. In this case, only user actions that meet all of the filter conditions will show on the list.
Filter by Partial Title or ID
In the upper left is a search field and 2 buttons.
- To filter by partial title, enter part of the title and click 'Search'
- To filter by ID number, enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the ID number (for example, "id:29").
- Click 'Clear' to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
Above the column headings, there are 3 dropdown list boxes.
- Select Extension. Select the desired extension to limit the list based on a specific extension
- Select Date. Select the desired timeframe to limit the list based on this timeframe (from Today to In the last year)
- Select User. Selec the desired name to limit the list based on the actions on a specific user.
Page Controls. When the number of user actions is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- Delete. Deletes the selected User Action Logs. Works with one or multiple User Action Logs selected.
- Purge. Allows you to delete all User Action Logs at once.
- Export Selected as CSV. Allows you to export as CSV the User Action Logs you have selected.
- Export All as CSV. Allows you to export as CSV all the User Action Logs.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.