From Joomla! Documentation
It allows you to select an Item Type and a reference language to view the associations.
Item Types are:
- Articles (used as example in this help screen), Categories.
- Contacts, Categories.
- Menu items.
- News Feeds, Categories.
How to Access
- Select Components → Multilingual Associations from the dropdown menu of the Administrator Panel.
In the table containing Associations, these are the different columns as shown below. Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Status. Published or Unpublished are shown. Click on the green check mark or the red circle in the Status column to toggle between Published and Unpublished.
- Title. The name of the article. You can open the article for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Language. Article's language. If you are not using the multi-language feature of Joomla, default is 'All'.
- Associations. Shows which language this article is associated.
- Not Associated. Shows for which languages this article is not associated.
- Access. The viewing Access Level for this article. You can change an article's Access Level by clicking on its Title to open it up for editing.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this article assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the article internally, and you cannot change this number.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 dropdown input fields, Sort Table By: (preset to 'ID ascending') and a number (preset to '20') to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the dropdown field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon (up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- ID ascending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- Number of articles to display. Shows the number of articles to display on one page, default is 20 articles. If there are more articles than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons to navigate between pages.
The List Filters are a series of controls that let you limit what articles show in the screen. More than one filter may be entered. In this case, only articles that meet all of the filter conditions will show on the list.
Filter by item type and by language
- Filter by Item Type. Lets you show only items assigned to a specific type. The list box will show the types defined.
- Filter by Language. Lets you show only articles that have a specific language assigned. The list box will show the languages defined.
Filter by Partial Title or ID
In the upper left is a search field and 2 buttons.
- To filter by partial title, enter part of the title and click 'Search'
- To filter by ID number, enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the ID number (for example, "id:29").
- Click 'Clear' to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
Above the column headings, there are 5 dropdown list boxes.
Filter by Status
Lets you show only articles with the selected published status.
- - Select Status -: Show only articles that are Published and Unpublished.
- Trashed: Show only articles that are Trashed. Quick Tip: Permanently delete articles
- Unpublished: Show only articles that are Unpublished.
- Published: Show only articles that are Published.
- Archived: Show only articles that are Archived.
- All: Show all articles regardless of published status.
Filter by Category
Lets you show only articles assigned to a specific category. The list box will show the categories defined for your site.
- - Select Category -: Show articles assigned to any category.
- Uncategorised: Show only articles assigned to this category.
Filter by Menu
Lets you show only articles that have a specific menu assigned. The list box will show the menus defined for your site.
- - Select Menu -: Show articles for any menu.
- [your menu]: Show only articles for this menu.
Filter by Access
Lets you show only articles that have a specified viewing access level. The list box will show the access levels defined for your site.
- - Select Access -: Show articles with any viewing access level.
- Public: Show only articles with this viewing access level.
- Guest: Show only articles with this viewing access level.
- Registered: Show only articles with this viewing access level.
- Special: Show only articles with this viewing access level.
- Super Users: Show only articles with this viewing access level.
Filter by Max Levels (Articles Level)
Lets you show only articles at or above the specified level in the hierarchy.
- - Select Max Levels -: Show all articles.
- 1: Show only articles at the top level in the hierarchy (in other words, whose parent is '- No Parent -').
- 2: Show only articles in the top and 2nd levels in the hierarchy.
- 3: Show only articles in the top, 2nd and 3rd levels in the hierarchy.
- 4 … 8
- 9: Show only articles in the top, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 levels in the hierarchy.
- 10: Show only articles in 10 levels in the hierarchy.
Page Controls. When the number of articles is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- Delete All Associations. Lets you delete all associations. After a question to confirm, all associations will be deleted.
- Delete Orphans. Lets you delete all orphans. After a question to confirm, all orphans will be deleted.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- To permanently delete articles:
|Related Help Screens||Description|
|Components Associations Edit||Used to add or edit associations between languages displayed on multilingual your Joomla! website.|
|Components Associations Options||Default permissions used for all content in the Multilingual Associations Component|