Components Banners Clients
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 05:30, 11 April 2022 by Franz.wohlkoenig (Marked this version for translation)
Provides an overview of the Banner Clients available on a Joomla site. The screen is used to find, add, edit and delete Banner Clients. There must be at least one Banner Category before a Banner can be created.
How to Access
- Select Components → Banners → Clients from the dropdown menu of the Administrator Panel.
In the table containing clients these are the different columns as shown below. Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more clients. To select all clients, check the box in the column heading.Note: Many toolbar actions can work with multiple clients.
- Status. Published or Unpublished clients are shown. Click on the green check mark or the red circle in the Status column to toggle between Published and Unpublished.
- Client. The Client for this banner.
- Contact. The Contact for this client.
- Published. Whether and how many clients has been published. You see the Published clients by clicking on the Number in this column.
- Unpublished. Whether and how many clients has been unpublished. You see the Unpublished clients by clicking on the Number in this column.
- Archived. Whether and how many clients has been archived. You see the Archived clients by clicking on the Number in this column.
- Trashed. Whether and how many clients has been trashed. You see the Trashed clients by clicking on the Number in this column.
- Purchase Type. The Banner Purchase Type of this client. This is used to indicate how the banner client purchased the display time for the banner.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this client assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the client internally, and you cannot change this number.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 dropdown input fields, Sort Table By: (preset to 'Client ascending') and a number (preset to '20') to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the dropdown field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon (up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Client ascending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- Number of clients to display. Shows the number of clients to display on one page, default is 20 clients. If there are more clients than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons to navigate between pages.
The List Filters are a series of controls that let you limit what clients show in the screen. More than one filter may be entered. In this case, only clients that meet all of the filter conditions will show on the list.
Filter by Partial Title or ID
In the upper left is a search field and 2 buttons.
- To filter by partial title, enter part of the title and click 'Search'
- To filter by ID number, enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the ID number (for example, "id:29").
- Click 'Clear' to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
Above the column headings, there are 2 dropdown list boxes.
Filter by Status
Lets you show only clients with the selected published status.
- - Select Status -: Show only clients that are Published and Unpublished.
- Trashed: Show only clients that are Trashed. Quick Tip: Permanently delete clients
- Unpublished: Show only clients that are Unpublished.
- Published: Show only clients that are Published.
- Archived: Show only clients that are Archived.
- All: Show all clients regardless of published status.
Filter by Purchase Type
Lets you show only clients with the selected Purchase Type.
- - Select Type -: Shows all Purchase Types.
- Unlimited: Shows only clients of unlimited Purchase Type.
- Yearly: Shows only clients of yearly Purchase Type.
- Monthly: Shows only clients of monthly Purchase Type.
- Weekly: Shows only clients of weekly Purchase Type.
- Daily: Shows only clients of daily Purchase Type.
Page Controls. When the number of clients is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new client.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected client. If more than one client is selected (where applicable), only the first client will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the client.
- Publish. Makes the selected client available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected client unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected client to indicate that they are archived. Archived client can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the client to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check-in. Checks-in the selected client. Works with one or multiple client selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected client to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed client can still be recovered by selecting 'Trashed' in the 'Select Status' filter and changing the status of the client to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed client, select 'Trashed' in the 'Select Status' filter, select the client to be permanently deleted, then click the 'Empty Trash' toolbar icon.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- To permanently delete clients:
Provides an overview of the Banners available on a Joomla site. The screen is used to find, add, edit and delete Banners.
This is where you can
Provides an overview of the Banner Categories available on a Joomla site. The screen is used to find, add, edit and delete Banner Categories.
This is where you can
|Clients (this screen)||
Provides an overview of the Banner Clients available on a Joomla site. The screen is used to find, add, edit and delete Banner Clients.
This is where you can
Provides an overview of the Banner Tracking information available on a Joomla site.
Banner Options configuration allows setting of parameters used globally for all banners.
The Banner Module displays the active Banners from the Component.