Components Finder Manage Search Filters Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 05:36, 11 April 2022 by Franz.wohlkoenig (Marked this version for translation)
This is where you can
- Add a new Search Filter.
- Edit an existing Search Filter.
How to Access
Add a new Search Filter
- Click the New button in the toolbar.
Edit an existing Search Filter
- Click on an Search Filter's Title.
- Check the Search Filter's Checkbox
- Click the Edit button in the toolbar.
- Title. The Title for the search filter.
- Alias. The internal name of the search filter. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. Learn more about Aliases.
- Map Count. The number of content maps included in the search filter.
- Toggle Selection. The Toggle Selection button will change all the selections in the opposite way. So selected will change into unselected and unselected will change into selected.
- Expand all. The Expand all button will open all the maps and show the items inside.
- Created Date. This field defaults to the current time when the filter was created. You can enter in a different date and time or click on the calendar icon to find the desired date.
- Created By. Name of the user who created the filter. This will default to the currently logged-in user. If you want to change this to a different user, click the 'Select User' button .
- Alias. Uses another name than the author's for display.
- Modified Date. (Informative only) Date of last modification.
- Modified By. (Informative only) Username who performed the last modification.
- When (Start Date). When to search relative to the start date (before, after or exactly).
- Start Date. Format YYYY-MM-DD.
- When (End Date). When to search relative to the end date (before, after or exactly).
- End Date. Format YYYY-MM-DD.
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the search filter and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the search filter and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the search filter and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another search filter.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current search filter. Does not affect the current search filter.Note: This toolbar icon is only shown if you edit an existing search filter.
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Smart Search is not enabled by default. If you are new to Smart Search then you should read the Smart Search quickstart guide.
Provides an overview of the content items that have been indexed on a Joomla site.
Provides an overview of the content maps currently in the Smart Search index.
Provides an overview of the static search filters currently available for use in Smart Search.
|Search Filters Edit (this screen)||
This is where you can
Smart Search Options configuration allows setting of parameters used globally for Smart Search.
Used to create a page for Smart Search Results, which can be used in conjunction with a Smart Search module to control Search Results Page's layout.
Smart Search is an enhanced site search.