Components Joomla Update/it
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 16:57, 19 January 2017 by FuzzyBot (Updating to match new version of source page)
This screen allows Joomla! to be updated quickly by downloading the current update package from the Joomla! code repository if there is an update. This setting is the default setting.
There are options for allowing what type of updates to look for, e.g. Long Term Support, Short Term Support, Testing, etc... This is accomplished by changing the update server choice. Changes to the update server:
- allows you to choose only a specific update with a version greater than the version of Joomla installed.
- from its default setting is for advanced users, such as developers, for testing and/or development.
- may stop notifications of updates containing security patches.
How to Access
- Select Components → Joomla! Update from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel.
This page is a candidate for deletion. The given reason is: No links here.
Last edit by FuzzyBot (talk · contrib) · Last edited on Thu, 19 Jan 2017 16:57:35 +0000
Configure where Joomla! gets its update information from
- Update Channel: (Default/Joomla Next/Testing/Custom URL) This allows you to choose the update source for Joomla.
- Default: is the recommended setting to stay on the latest release. This ensures that you still receive all released updates.
- Joomla Next: switch from one major release to next major release (Joomla 3.x to Joomla 4).
- Testing: is used for testing Joomla! releases prior to their release as 'Stable'. With this setting nightly builds will be shown until a Beta or RC (Release Candidate) is available. It is recommended not to use on Production sites. Only use this setting on test sites.
- Custom URL: This setting allows a custom update server to be used. It is recommended not to use on Production sites. Only use this setting on test sites.
- Custom URL: This field is used to point to a custom XML update source URL, used only when the 'Update Server' option is set to 'Custom URL'.
The functions are:
- Purge Cache. Empty the cache holding update notification. Useful after changing options of what standards/servers to use for Joomla! Update notifications.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Update Screen when on the latest version.
The update screen when an update is available.
- You can look at the Joomla! Update Quick Icons in the Backend Control Panel.