Help310:Components Menus Configuration
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 02:46, 11 February 2022 by FuzzyBot (Updating to match new version of source page)
Menu Options configuration allows setting of parameters used globally on all menus such as Page Display and Permissions.
How to Access
- Select Menus → Manage from the dropdown menu of the Administrator Panel
- Click the Options button in the toolbar.
This layout has the following Page Display Options.
- Browser Page Title: Optional text for the "Browser page title" element. If blank, the Menu Item Title is used.
- Show Page Heading: Whether or not to show the Browser Page Title in the heading of the page. The page heading is normally displayed inside an H1 HTML element.
- Page Heading: Optional alternative text for the Page Heading.
- Page Class: Optional CSS class to add to elements in this page. This allows CSS styling specific to this page.
Manage the permission settings for user groups.
To change the permissions for menus, do the following.
- 1. Select the Group by clicking its title located on the left.
- 2. Find the desired Action. Possible Actions are:
- Configure ACL & Options. Users can edit the options and permissions of menus.
- Configure Options Only. Users can edit the options except the permissions of menus.
- Access Administration Interface. Users can access user administration interface of menus.
- Create. Users can create content of menus.
- Delete. Users can delete content of menus.
- Edit. Users can edit content of menus.
- Edit State. Users can change the published state and related information for content of menus.
- 3. Select the desired Permission for the action you wish to change. Possible settings are:
- Inherited: Inherited for users in this Group from the Global Configuration permissions of this site.
- Allowed: Allowed for users in this Group. Note that, if this action is Denied at one of the higher levels, the Allowed permission here will not take effect. A Denied setting cannot be overridden.
- Denied: Denied for users in this Group.
- 4. Click Save in Toolbar at top. When the screen refreshes, the Calculated Setting column will show the effective permission for this Group and Action.
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the Menus options and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the Menus options and closes the current screen.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Remember, these choices are applied globally.