Help310:Components Privacy Request
From Joomla! Documentation
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
This is where you can review an information request and the related action log.
How to Access
- Select Users → Privacy from the dropdown menu of the Administrator Panel
- Select Requests in the left sidebar
- Select the email address of the request you want to review.
- Email. The email address of the individual owning the information being requested.
- Status. The status of the information request.
- Invalid: The information request has been invalidated by a Super User.
- Pending: The user hasn't yet confirmed their information request (Quick Tip).
- Confirmed: The user has confirmed their information request.
- Completed: The information request has been completed by a Super User.
- Request Type. Displays the 2 different types of request.
- Export: When a user has sent a request for an export of their data.
- Remove: When a user has sent a request to be removed.
- Date Requested. Date and time when the information request has been created.
Action Log (Action/Date/Name) All actions performed related to the individual owning the information being requested.
At the top, you will see a toolbar with different actions according to the status of the information request.
Toolbar status Confirmed
- Complete. Allows a Super user to mark an information request as 'Completed'.
- Invalidate. Allows a Super user to mark an information request as 'Invalid'.
- Export Data. Allows a Super user to export as an xml file the data of the individual owning the information being requested.
- Email Data Export. Allows a Super user to email the data export to the email address linked to the Export Request.
- Delete Data. Allows a Super user to delete the data related to the user. The personal data will be automatically anonymised. Note: Only shown if request type is 'Remove'.
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Toolbar status Pending
Toolbar status Completed or Invalid
- Users have 2 ways to confirm:
- by visiting the URL mentioned in the email sent to the user or
- by copying the token from the email and paste it into the form in the given URL. The token is valid for 24 hours.