Components Redirect Manager
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 01:19, 15 April 2022 by Franz.wohlkoenig (Marked this version for translation)
Provides an overview of the Redirects available on a Joomla site. The screen is used to find, add, edit and delete Redirects. Redirects are primarily used for redirecting URLs for web pages that no longer exist on your website to web pages that are working.
How to Access
- Select Components → Redirects from the dropdown menu of the Administrator Panel.
In the table containing redirects these are the different columns as shown below. Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more redirects. To select all redirects, check the box in the column heading.Note: Many toolbar actions can work with multiple redirects.
- Status. Published or Unpublished redirect's are shown. Click on the green check mark or the red circle in the Status column to toggle between Published and Unpublished.
- Expired URL. The URL which is being redirected on your website. Only the web page portion of the URL is displayed in this listing.
- New URL. The destination URL for the redirect.
- Referring Page. The referring web page for the redirect.
- Created Date. Date the redirect was created.
- 404 Hits. Number of 404 Hits there has been on this URL.
- Status Code. The Status Code of the page.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this redirect assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the redirect internally, and you cannot change this number.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 dropdown input fields, Sort Table By: (preset to 'Expired URL ascending') and a number (preset to '20') to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the dropdown field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon (up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Expired URL ascending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- Number of redirects to display. Shows the number of redirects to display on one page, default is 20 redirects. If there are more redirects than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons to navigate between pages.
The List Filters are a series of controls that let you limit what redirects show in the screen. More than one filter may be entered. In this case, only redirects that meet all of the filter conditions will show on the list.
Filter by Partial Title or ID
In the upper left is a search field and 2 buttons.
- To filter by partial title, enter part of the title and click 'Search'
- To filter by ID number, enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the ID number (for example, "id:29").
- Click 'Clear' to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
Above the column headings, there are 2 dropdown list boxes.
Below the listing of redirects, is a section named 'Batch update new URL(s)'. This function allows you to change the 'New URL' for the selected redirects.
- New URL. The destination URL to set for the selected redirects.
- Comment. The comment to set for the selected redirects.
- Update Links. Updates all selected redirects with the specified New URL and Comment.
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new redirect.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected redirect. If more than one redirect is selected (where applicable), only the first redirect will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the redirect.
- Enable. Makes the selected redirects available for use on your website.
- Disable. Makes the selected redirects unavailable for use on your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected redirects to indicate that they are archived. Archived redirects can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the redirects to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Bulk Import. Bulk process to add new URLs.
- Purge Disabled. Deletes all disabled links. URL's that are still enabled will not be deleted.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected redirects to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed redirects can still be recovered by selecting 'Trashed' in the 'Select Status' filter and changing the status of the redirects to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed redirects, select 'Trashed' in the 'Select Status' filter, select the redirects to be permanently deleted, then click the 'Empty Trash' toolbar icon.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- The URL you want to redirect from must not be a working one on your website which actually loads a web page. It can be the URL to a web page which you have disabled in the Joomla Backend administrator interface.
- The Expired URL you specify when you create the redirect should be the full URL as you would type it in your web browser. The component will only display the last portion of the source URL in the redirect listing. The New URL you specify when you create a redirect must be the full URL as well.
In order for your redirects to work, you must
- enable the Redirect Plugin in Plugins.
- enable the option 'Use URL Rewriting' in the Global Configuration options of your Joomla installation.
- rename the htaccess.txt file in the web site directory where you installed Joomla to .htaccess or to whatever file name your Apache web server requires for additional configuration directives. In the Apache configuration file this setting is named 'AccessFileName' and by default this is set to '.htaccess'.
|Redirect (this screen)||
Provides an overview of the Redirects available on a Joomla site. The screen is used to find, add, edit and delete Redirects.
This is where you can
Redirect Options configuration allows setting of parameters used globally for Redirects.