Components Weblinks Links
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 05:25, 11 April 2022 by Franz.wohlkoenig (talk | contribs) (Marked this version for translation)
Provides an overview of the Web Links available on a Joomla site. The screen is used to find, add, edit and delete Web Links. There must be at least one Web Links Category before a Web Link can be created.
How to Access
- Select Components → Web Links from the dropdown menu of the Administrator Panel.
In the table containing web links these are the different columns as shown below. Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Ordering. Up-Down Arrows. User specified ordering, default is order of web links creation. When active, drag and drop ordering by 'click and hold' on the bars icon then 'release' in desired position.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more web links. To select all web links, check the box in the column heading.Note: Many toolbar actions can work with multiple web links.
- Status. Published or Unpublished web links are shown. Click on the green check mark or the red circle in the Status column to toggle between Published and Unpublished.
- Title. The name of the web link. You can open the web link for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Access. The viewing Access Level for this web link.
- Hits. The number of times an web link has been viewed.
- Language. Web link's language. If you are not using the multi-language feature of Joomla, default is 'All'.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this web link assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the web link internally, and you cannot change this number.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 dropdown input fields, Sort Table By: (preset to 'Title ascending') and a number (preset to '20') to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the dropdown field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon (up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Title ascending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- Number of web links to display. Shows the number of web links to display on one page, default is 20 web links. If there are more web links than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons to navigate between pages.
The List Filters are a series of controls that let you limit what web links show in the screen. More than one filter may be entered. In this case, only web links that meet all of the filter conditions will show on the list.
Filter by Partial Title or ID
In the upper left is a search field and 2 buttons.
- To filter by partial title, enter part of the title and click 'Search'
- To filter by ID number, enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the ID number (for example, "id:29").
- Click 'Clear' to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
Above the column headings, there are 6 dropdown list boxes.
Filter by Status
Lets you show only web links with the selected published status.
- - Select Status -: Show only web links that are Published and Unpublished.
- Trashed: Show only web links that are Trashed. Quick Tip: Permanently delete web links
- Unpublished: Show only web links that are Unpublished.
- Published: Show only web links that are Published.
- Archived: Show only web links that are Archived.
- All: Show all web links regardless of published status.
Filter by Category
Lets you show only web links assigned to a specific category. The list box will show the categories defined for your site.
- - Select Category -: Show web links assigned to any category.
- Uncategorised: Show only web links assigned to this category.
Filter by Access
Lets you show only web links that have a specified viewing access level. The list box will show the access levels defined for your site.
- - Select Access -: Show web links with any viewing access level.
- Public: Show only web links with this viewing access level.
- Guest: Show only web links with this viewing access level.
- Registered: Show only web links with this viewing access level.
- Special: Show only web links with this viewing access level.
- Super Users: Show only web links with this viewing access level.
Filter by Language
Lets you show only web links that have a specific language assigned. The list box will show the languages defined for your site.
- - Select Language -: Show web links for any language.
- All: Show web links set for 'All' languages.
- English (en-GB): Show web links only for this language.
Filter by Tag
Lets you show only web links that have a specified tag. The list box will show the tags created for your site.
- - Select Tag -: Show web links with any (or no) tag(s).
- Joomla: Show only web links with this tag.
Filter by Max Levels (Web Links Level)
Lets you show only web links at or above the specified level in the hierarchy.
- - Select Max Levels -: Show all web links.
- 1: Show only web links at the top level in the hierarchy (in other words, whose parent is '- No Parent -').
- 2: Show only web links in the top and 2nd levels in the hierarchy.
- 3: Show only web links in the top, 2nd and 3rd levels in the hierarchy.
- 4 … 8
- 9: Show only web links in the top, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 levels in the hierarchy.
- 10: Show only web links in 10 levels in the hierarchy.
Page Controls. When the number of web links is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new web link.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected web link. If more than one web link is selected (where applicable), only the first web link will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the web link.
- Publish. Makes the selected web link available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected web links unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected web links to indicate that they are archived. Archived web links can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the web links to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check-in. Checks-in the selected web links. Works with one or multiple web links selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected web links to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed web links can still be recovered by selecting 'Trashed' in the 'Select Status' filter and changing the status of the web links to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed web links, select 'Trashed' in the 'Select Status' filter, select the web links to be permanently deleted, then click the 'Empty Trash' toolbar icon.
- Batch. Batch processes the selected web links. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
The Batch Process allows a change in settings for a group of selected web links marked with a check-mark in the corresponding check-mark boxes. To use: select one or more web links form the table of web links being viewed and click on the 'Batch' Toolbar button. This will open a pop up window as shown below.
You can change one value or all values at one time.
How to Batch Process a group of web links:
- Select one or more web links on the list by selecting the desired checkbox(es).
- Click the 'Batch' Toolbar button.
- Set one or more of the following values:
- To change the Language, select the desired language from the Set Language list box.
- To change the Access Levels, select the desired new access level from the Set Access Level list box.
- To change the Category, select a category.
- To copy the web links to a different category, select the desired category from the category list box and check the Copy option.In this case, the original web links are unchanged and the copies are assigned to the new category and, if selected, the new language, access level and tag.Note: Changes you have selected from language, access level and tag will be applied to the copies, not the original.
- To move the web links to a different category, select the desired category from the category list box and check the Move option.In this case, the original web links will be moved to a new category and, if selected, be assigned the new language, access level and tag.
- To change the Category, select a category.
- To add a Tag, select the desired tag from the Add Tag list box.
When all of the settings are entered, click on Process to perform the changes. A message "Batch process completed successfully." will show. Note: Nothing will happen if you don't have any web links selected.
If you wish to clear your entered selections, click on the 'Cancel' button. Note: This does not uncheck the check boxes for the web links.
- To permanently delete web links:
- Change the status of the web links to Trashed.
- Change the Status filter to Trashed. At this point the trashed web links will show and the Empty trash button will show in the toolbar.
- Select the desired trashed web links and click on Empty trash in the toolbar. The web links will be permanently deleted.
|Web Links (this screen)||
Provides an overview of the Web Links from other sites available on a Joomla site. The screen is used to find, add, edit and delete Web Links from other sites.
|Web Links Edit||
This is where you can
Provides an overview of the Web Links Categories available on a Joomla site. The screen is used to find, add, edit and delete Web Links Categories.
This is where you can
Web Links Options configuration allows setting of parameters used globally for all web links.
Used to show a list of all Web Link Categories. Categories are shown in a hierarchical list.
Used to show all Web Links belonging to a specific Category in a list layout.
|Web Link Submit||
Used to show a Web Link submission form in Frontend allowing users with permission to submit Web Links.
This modules displays web links from a category defined in the Web Links component.