Help310:Extensions Extension Manager Manage
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 09:09, 26 March 2022 by FuzzyBot (Updating to match new version of source page)
This screen allows you to Enable/Disable extensions. In addition you can uninstall extensions from this screen as well.
How to Access
- Select Extensions → Manage → Manage from the dropdown menu of the Administrator Panel.
In the table containing extensions these are the different columns as shown below. Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more extensions. To select all extensions, check the box in the column heading.Note: Many toolbar actions can work with multiple extensions.
- Status. Published or Unpublished categories are shown. Click on the green check mark or the red circle in the Status column to toggle between Published and Unpublished.
- Name. The name of the extension.
- Location. Specifies if this is a site or administrator extension.
- Type. The extension type. Some examples of extension types are module, plug-in, template, language or package.
- Version. The version number of the extension.
- Date. The date this extension was released.
- Author. The author of this extension.
- Folder. If the extension is a plug-in, the subdirectory of your Joomla installation's /plugins directory where the extension is located. By default Joomla! has the following subdirectories in the plugins directory which each represent the different types of plug-ins that are defined: authentication, content, editors, editors-xtd, extension, search, system, user.
- Package ID. This is a unique identification number for this package assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the package internally, and you cannot change this number.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this extension assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the extension internally, and you cannot change this number.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 dropdown input fields, Sort Table By: (preset to 'Name ascending') and a number (preset to '20') to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the dropdown field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon (up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Name ascending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- Number of extensions to display. Shows the number of extensions to display on one page, default is 20 extensions. If there are more extensions than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons to navigate between pages.
The List Filters are a series of controls that let you limit what categories show in the screen. More than one filter may be entered. In this case, only categories that meet all of the filter conditions will show on the list.
Filter by Partial Title or ID
In the upper left is a search field and 2 buttons.
- To filter by partial title, enter part of the title and click 'Search'
- To filter by ID number, enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the ID number (for example, "id:29").
- Click 'Clear' to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
Above the column headings, there are 4 dropdown list boxes.
Filter by Status
- - Select Status -: Select the status of Extensions from the dropdown list box.
- Disabled: Installed extensions that are not activated.
- Enabled: Installed extensions that are activated.
- Protected: Installed extensions that are protected. Extensions of this type can not be uninstalled or disabled.
- Unprotected: Installed extensions that are unprotected. Extensions of this type can be uninstalled, enabled or disabled.
Filter by Location
- - Select Location -: Select an extension client from the dropdown list box of available locations.
- Site: Site extensions are extensions which are designed for use in areas outside of the administrator interface.
- Administrator: Administrator extensions are for the Backend administrative functions of your Joomla installation. Usually you would only directly interact with these extensions through the administrator web interface.
Filter by Type
- - Select Type -: Select the extension type from the dropdown list box of available types.
Filter by Folder
- - Select Folder -: Select a plugin folder from the dropdown list box of available folders. There is a separate folder for each type of plugin defined in your installation of Joomla.
Page Controls. When the number of extensions is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- Enable. Makes the selected extension(s) available for use on your website.
- Disable. Makes the selected extension(s) unavailable for use on your website.
- Refresh Cache. Refresh the information displayed for the selected extension(s).
- Uninstall. Uninstall the selected extension(s).
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Throughout the administrator interface of Joomla you will see the terms "Publish" and "Unpublish". Publish means the same thing as Enable or Activate. Unpublish means the same thing as Disable or Deactivate. You may see the terms used interchangeably in extension screens and help documentation you find online.
- Some information such as Date or Author may not be displayed for an extension. This is not a problem. It merely means the information was not specified by the extension developer in the extension's installation package.