Help310:Extensions Language Manager Overrides
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 08:31, 20 November 2018 by FuzzyBot (Updating to match new version of source page)
In the Language Manager: Overrides text in core Joomla or in an extension can be changed.
How to Access
Select Extensions → Language(s) → Overrides from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation or click the icon Language in the control panel then click the Overrides tab.
List of override string available (site)
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. Note: Many toolbar actions can work with multiple items.
- Constant. The language constant of the string.
- Text. The text displayed instead of the original one.
- Language Tag. The language tag - example: en-GB for English (UK). This should be the exact prefix used for the language installed or to be installed.
- Location. Indicates if the override is created for the site (Frontend) or Administrator (Backend) client.
Above the column headers is a drop down input field. Number (preset to 20) to display.
Above the columns you will see the filters below:
Filter by Language & Client
Select the language & site/administrator to show the specific overrides.
Search by Title
- To filter in title, enter part of the Title and click Search.
Click Clear to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
Page Controls. When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new language override.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected language override. If more than one language override is selected (where applicable), only the first language override will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the language override.
- Delete. Deletes the selected language overrides. Works with one or multiple language overrides selected.
- Clear Cache. Clear the overrider cache table.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.