Help310:Extensions Language Manager Overrides Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 06:03, 2 February 2022 by FuzzyBot (Updating to match new version of source page)
This is where you can
- Add a new Language Override.
- Edit an existing Language Override.
How to Access
Add a new Language Override
- Select from the dropdown menu at the top Language & Client
- Click the New button in the toolbar.
Edit an existing Language Override
- Click on an Language Override's Constant.
- Check the Language Override's Checkbox
- Click the Edit button in the toolbar.
- Language. Language for which the constant is overridden.
- Location. Indicates if the override is created for the site (Frontend) or Administrator (Backend) client.
- Language Constant. The language constant of the string you want to override.
- Text. Enter the text that you want to be displayed instead of the original one. Note: There may be placeholders (eg %s, %d or %1$s) in the text which could be important (they will be replaced by other texts before displaying), so you should leave them in there.
- File. Language overrides are stored in a specific INI file (as it's the case for the original texts, too). Here you can see in which file the current override is stored.
Quick search using search for text you want to change to find language constant easily. Example: Type 'new' ...
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the language override and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the language override and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the language override and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another language override.
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.