Extensions Template Manager Templates Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 06:02, 13 January 2022 by Franz.wohlkoenig (Marked this version for translation)
This is where you can
- Edit an existing template's source code.
You can edit the template's master files and stylesheets from this screen.
How to Access
- Click on an Template's [Name] Details and Files.
You can select from a number of options for customising the look of your templates. The Template Manager supports Source files, Image files, Font files, Zip archives and most of the operations that can be performed on those files. Select a file and you are good to go.
- See also How to customise a Template.
Click on a component and you'll get all the possibilities inside that one component.
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- Copy Template. Copy template by using a new template name.
- Template Preview. Open a window showing frontend startpage.
- Manage Folders. Create or delete folders.
- New File. Create different file types, upload or copy files.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Before editing the HTML and the CSS files of the template, it is a good idea to make a backup of the file you are editing. Also, you can edit these files outside Joomla using the HTML or CSS editor of your choice.