Menus Menu Item Contact Featured/id
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 03:46, 26 January 2022 by FuzzyBot (Updating to match new version of source page)
Used to show a list of featured contacts.
- Contact details,
- Contact form,
- Display format (slider, tabs, plain view),
- Mail options.
How to Access
Add a new menu item 'Featured Contacts'
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] → Add New Menu Item from the dropdown menu of the Administrator Panel
- Select Contacts → Featured Contacts in the modal popup window.
Edit an existing menu item 'Featured Contacts'
- Click on the menu item's Title in Menu items.
- Menu Title. The title that will display for this menu item.
- Alias. The internal name of the menu item. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. Learn more about Aliases.
- Menu Item Type. The Menu Item Type selected when this menu item was created. This can be one of the core menu item types or a menu item type provided by an installed extension.
- Link. The system-generated link for this menu item. This field cannot be changed and is for information only.
- Target Window. This determines how the new page will be opened. Options are:
- Parent: Open new menu item in parent window. This is the default.
- New Window With Navigation: Open menu item in a new window with full browser navigation (for example, "back" button).
- New Without Navigation: Open menu item in a new window without browser navigation.
- Template Style. Controls the template style for this menu item. A list box will show the available template styles for your site.
- - Use Default -: Use the default style for the site to show this menu item.
- [template style]: Select a specific template style to always show this menu item with that style.
- Menu. Shows which menu the menu item will appear in.
- Parent Item. The parent menu item for this menu item. Used to determine whether a Menu Item is a top-level item or a submenu item.
- Menu Item Root: Select the default value if this is a top-level Menu Item.
- [menu item title]: Select the Menu Item that is this menu item's parent.
- Ordering. Indicates the order of this Menu Item in the Menu. The default Order is to add the Menu Item to the end of the Menu. This Menu Item will moved to the order position just after the Menu Item selected from the dropdown list. Note: The Order can also be changed in Menu Items.
- Status. (Publish/Unpublish/Trash) The published status of the menu item.
- Default Page. (Yes/No) If Yes, this menu item is the default or home page for the site. There must be exactly one menu item set as the default page. You can change the default page in 2 ways:
- Click on the Home column of the desired menu item in Menu Items.
- Open the menu item for the new default page and change the Default Page setting to Yes.
- Access. Who has access to this menu item.
- Public: Everyone has access.
- Guest: Everyone has access.
- Registered: Only registered users have access.
- Special: Only users with author status or higher have access.
- Super Users: Only super users have access.
- Language. Select the language for this menu item. If you are not using the multi-language feature of Joomla, keep the default of 'All'.
- Note. Menu item note. This is normally for the site administrator's use (for example, to document information about this menu item) and does not show in the Frontend of the site.
List Layout Options control the appearance of the list layout.
- Display Select. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to hide or show the Display # control that allows the user to select the number of items to show in the list.
- Table Headings. (Use Global/Hide/Show) If set to Show, this heading will show above the list. If set to Hide, the list will show with no headings.
- Position. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide a Position column in the list of Contacts.
- Email. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the Email.
- Phone. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the Phone.
- Mobile. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the Mobile.
- Fax. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the Fax.
- City or Suburb. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the City or Suburb.
- State or County. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the State or County.
- Country. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the Country.
- Pagination. Show or hide Pagination support. Pagination provides page links at the bottom of the page that allow the User to navigate to additional pages. These are needed if the listed contacts will not fit on one page.
- Use Global: Use the default value from the contacts options screen.
- Auto: Pagination links shown if needed.
- Show: Pagination links shown if needed.
- Hide: Pagination links not shown. Note: In this case, Users will not be able to navigate to additional pages.
- Pagination Results. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or Hide the current page number and total pages (e.g., "Page 1 of 2") at the bottom of each page. Use Global will use the default value from the Contacts options.
Form Options control the appearance of the list layout.
- Display Format. Determines the style used to display sections of the contact form.
- Sliders: Slider contact view.
- Tabs: Tabbed contact view.
- Plain: Plain text contact view.
- Use Global: Use the default value from the contacts options screen.
- a contact Tags. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the tags for a contact.
- Contact Information. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the contact information.
- vCard. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide a link to allow export to vCard format.
- Miscellaneous Information. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide miscellaneous information.
- Show User Articles. (Use Global/Show/Hide) If this contact is mapped to a user, and if this is set to Show, then a list of articles created by this user will show.
- # Articles to List. (Use Global/Use Contact Settings/5/.../300/All) Number of articles to list.
- Contact Links. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the contact links.
- Link [A...E] Label. Labels to override shown link's label.
Contact Mail Options control the appearance of a Contact's → Contact Form if it is enabled.
- Contact Form. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the contact form. If Show is selected, a form is displayed that allows the user to send an e-mail to the Contact from the web site.
- Send Copy to Submitter. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide checkbox to allow copy of email to be sent to submitter.
- Session Check. (Use Global/Yes/No) Check for the existence of session cookie. Users without cookies enabled will not be able to send emails.
- Custom Reply. (Use Global/Yes/No) Turn on or off the custom message reply to contact form's submitter.
- Contact Redirect. Enter an alternative URL, where the user will be redirected after mail is send.
- Link Title Attribute. An optional, custom description for the title attribute of the menu hyperlink.
- Link Class. An optional class to apply to the menu hyperlink.
- Link Image. Select an image to use with 'Menu Title'. Use 'Add Menu Title' set to 'No' to show just image.
- Image Class. The class which is added to the image (src tag).
- Add Menu Title. (Yes/No) If optional image is selected, shows a 'Menu Title' next to image.
- Display in Menu. (Yes/No) Select 'No' if you want to exclude this menu item from displaying in the menu. Note: Any submenu items will also be hidden.
- Browser Page Title. Optional text for the "Browser page title" element. If blank, a default value is used based on the Menu Item Title.
- Show Page Heading. (Use Global/Yes/No). Show or hide the Browser Page Title in the heading of the page (If no optional text entered - will default to value based on the Menu Item Title). The Page heading is usually displayed inside the H1 tag.
- Page Heading. Optional alternative text for the Page heading.
- Page Class. Optional CSS class to add to elements in this page. This allows CSS styling specific to this page.
- Meta Description. An optional paragraph to be used as the description of the page in the HTML output. This will generally display in the results of search engines. If entered, this creates an HTML meta element with a name attribute of "description" and a content attribute equal to the entered text.
- Meta Keywords. Optional entry for keywords. Must be entered separated by commas (for example, "cats, dogs, pets") and may be entered in upper or lower case. (For example, "CATS" will match "cats" or "Cats"). Learn more about Meta Keywords.
- Robots. The instructions for web "robots" that browse to this page.
- Use Global: Use the value set in Global Configuration → Site → Metadata Settings.
- index, follow: Index this page and follow the links on this page.
- noindex, follow: Do not index this page, but still follow the links on the page. For example, you might do this for a site map page where you want the links to be indexed but you don't want this page to show in search engines.
- index, nofollow: Index this page, but do not follow any links on the page. For example, you might want to do this for an events calendar, where you want the page to show in search engines but you do not want to index each event.
- noindex, nofollow: Do not index this page or follow any links on the page.
- Secure. Whether or not to use SSL and the Secure Site URL for this page.
- Off: Do not use SSL.
- On: Use SSL.
- Ignore: Ignore this setting and use the global setting for the site.
- Unassigned Modules. (Show/Hide) Show or hide modules unassigned to this menu item.
- Unpublished Modules. (Show/Hide) Show or hide modules that are unpublished.
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current menu item. Does not affect the current menu item.Note: This toolbar icon is only shown if you edit an existing menu item.
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
In order to make your contact featured do the following. From the Contact Manager, click on the empty star to make it a yellow star in the Status column. The star indicates the contact is now a Featured Contact, see the image below.
|Related Help Screens||Description|
|Components Contact Manager Options||Contact Options configuration allows setting of parameters used globally for all contacts.|
|Components Contacts Categories||The Contact Category Manager is where you can edit existing Contact Categories and create new ones. Note that Contact Categories are separate from other Categories, such as for Articles, Banners, News Feeds, and Web Links. From this screen, you can also navigate to the Contact Manager: Contacts screen.|
|Components Contacts Categories Edit||This is where you can add a Contact Category or edit an existing Contact Category. Contact Categories allow you to organize contacts in your web site. Contact Categories are separate from other types of Categories, such as those for Articles, Banners, News Feeds, and so on.|
|Components Contacts Contacts||The Contact Manager screen allows you to add contact information to your Joomla! site. You can enter information such as name, address, phone and e-mail. You can also link contacts to registered users. Afterwards, you can use the Menu Manager to create front-end links to the the contacts.|
|Components Contacts Contacts Edit||This is where you can add a Contact or edit an existing Contact. Contacts allow you to list people on your web site. They also allow users to send e-mails to those people.|
|Menus Menu Item Contact Categories||Used to show a list of contact categories within a category.|
|Menus Menu Item Contact Category||Used to show contacts belonging to a specific Category in a list layout. Settings include: Contact Details, Contact Form, presentation(slider, tabs, plain view), and Email subject and message filters.|
|Menus Menu Item Contact Single Contact||Used to show a Single Contact. Settings include: Contact Details, Contact Form, presentation(slider, tabs, plain view), and Email subject and message filters.|