Difference between revisions of "Components Media Manager Options"
From Joomla! Documentation
m (→Description: update to section)
m (→Toolbar: toolbar location)
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
At the top
At the top you will see the toolbar:
Revision as of 09:53, 5 January 2013
Provides an method to apply global parameters to Media Manager.
How to Access
On Media Manager, click Options button at top in Toolbar.
Media Manager Options configuration allows setting of parameters used globally for Media Manager. Control the file types allowed for uploading, MIME type check, Enable Flash Uploader, MIME type blacklisting, and more options for Media Manager.
- Legal Extensions (File Types). File types (extensions) users are allowed to upload, separated by a comma. Example: jpg,png,cvs...
- Maximum Size (in MB): Maximum file size in MB allowed for uploading.</translate>
- Changing the default 'path to files folder' to another folder than default 'images' may break your image links. The 'path to images' folder has to be the same or to a subfolder of 'path to files'.
- Path to files folder. Path to file folder relative to the root of Joomla! installation.
- Path to images folder. Path to images folder relative to the root of Joomla! installation.
- Restrict Uploads. Restrict uploads to just images for Users with less than a Manager Permission if Fileinfo or MIME Magic isn't installed on server.
- Check MIME Types. Use MIME Magic or Fileinfo to verify file types.
- Legal Image Extensions (File Types). Image file types allowed for uploading, comma separated. Used to check for valid image headers.
- Ignored Extensions (File types). Ignored file types for MIME checking, comma separated.
- Legal MIME Types. Legal MIME types for MIME checking, comma separated.
- Enable Flash Uploader. Enable the Flash Uploader for File Uploading. Requires users have Flash installed and available for use in browser.
This section shows permissions configuration for Media Manager. The screen shows as follows.
To change the permissions for the Media Manager component, do the following.
- Select the Group by clicking its title located on right.
- Find the desired Action. Possible Actions are:
- Configure. Users can edit the configurations of this component.
- Access Administration Interface. Users can access the administration interface for this component
- Create. Users can create any content in this component.
- Delete. Users can delete any content in this component.
- Select the desired permission for the action you wish to change. Possible settings are:
- Inherited. Inherited for users in this Group from the Global Configuration, Component Configuration, Article Manager Options, or Category permissions.
- Allowed. Allowed for users in this Group. Note that, if this action is Denied at one of the higher levels, the Allowed permission here will not take effect. A Denied setting cannot be overridden.
- Denied. Denied for users in this Group.
- Click Save in Toolbar at top. When the screen refreshes, the Calculated Setting column will show the effective permission for this Group and Action.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the configurations and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the configurations and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
- Remember, these choices are applied globally.