Components Newsfeeds Categories
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 08:10, 4 April 2013 by JoomlaWikiBot
Components Help Screens
How to Access
Select Components → News Feeds → Categories from the drop-down menu in the back-end of your Joomla! installation. You can also select the 'Categories' tab in the News Feed Manager.
News Feed Categories allow you to categorize different website feeds entering your site for better organization.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Title. The name or title of the feed. Make it as descriptive as possible.
- Published. Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Ordering. The order to display items. If the list is sorted by this column, you can change the order by clicking the arrows or by entering the sequential order and clicking the 'Save Order' icon. Note that the display order on a page is set in the Parameters - Advanced section for each Menu Item. If that order is set to use something other than 'Order' (for example, 'Title - Alphabetical'), then the order value in this screen will be ignored. If the Menu Item Order parameter is set to use 'Order', then the items will display on the page based on the order in this screen.
- Access. This column shows the Access Level assigned to the news feed.
- Language. The language used for this feed category.
- ID. The ID number. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, for example in internal links. You can not change this number.
At the top right you will see the following toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Click on this button to create a new item. You will enter the New page for this item.
- Edit. Select one item and click on this button to open it in edit mode. If you have more than one item selected (where applicable), the first item will be opened. You can also open an item for editing by clicking on its Title or Name.
- Publish. To publish one or more items, select them and click on this button.
- Unpublish. To unpublish one or more items, select them and click on this button.
- Archive. To change one or more Articles to Archived status, select them and press this button. Archived Articles are retained on the site and are available for viewing on Menu Items with a Type of Archive Layout. They can not be published to other pages while set to Archived status. Note that Articles assigned to the "Uncategorized" Section will not show on the Archived Article List layout.
- Trash. Select one or more Articles and click on this button to move them to the Trash Manager. Note that Articles can be restored from the Trash Manager as long as they are not permanently deleted. See Trash Manager for more information.
- Rebuild Rebuilds the Category Tree data.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
Filter by Partial Title
You can filter the list of items either by typing part of the title or the ID number.
If you have a large number of items on the list, you can use this filter to find the desired item(s) quickly. Enter either part of the title or an ID number and press 'Search' to display the matching items. You can enter in whole words or part of a word. For example, "ooml" will match all titles with the word "Joomla!" in them.
Filter by Access, State, and Language
In the upper right area, above the column headings, there are 4 drop-down list boxes as shown below:
The selections may be combined. Only items matching both selections will display in the list.
- Select Access. Use the drop-down list box to select the access level.
- Change the filter to Trashed. The Delete icon will now show in the toolbar.
- Select the items you want to permanently delete.
- Click on the Delete icon.
- Select Language. Use the drop-down list box to select the language.