Components Newsfeeds Categories Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 07:13, 10 December 2012 by Piggydoughnut
Components Help Screens
How to Access
Select Components → News Feeds → Categories. Once at the News Feeds Category Manager, either select the feed category and click the edit icon on the toolbar, click the name of the category, or click on the "New" icon on the toolbar.
The New/Edit page for the News Feeds Category Manager is a create/edit screen that allows website administrators to create or edit News Feed Categories. Categories allow a broken down structure of News Feeds. You must have at least one category before you can create any News Feeds!
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article, Section, or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Alias. The internal name of the item. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. The Alias will be used in the URL when SEF is activated. Note: If the title consists of non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time, for example "2009-02-11-17-54-38".
- Description. A short note about the category.
- Parent. The parent category if any.
- Status. Select from the dropdown box: Published, Unpublished, Archived, or Trashed.
- Access. The access level needed to view the link.
- Language. The language of the selected category.
- ID. An ID assigned by Joomla, number in database.
- Hits. Number of hits for this category.
- Created by Who created category.
- Created date When category was created.
- Alternative Layout Choose a different layout from the default one.
- Image Choose an image.
- Note Write a short note.
Here you can change permission rights for working with this group for different user groups.
In this section you can add various meta data details in order for your site to identified with certain words and description.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the news feed category and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the news feed category and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the news feed category and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another news feed category.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
- You must create at least one News Feed Category before you can create any News Feeds.
- To work with News Feeds: News Feeds Manager