Components Newsfeeds Feeds Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 16:52, 13 October 2013 by Dextercowley
Components Help Screens
How to Access
Navigate to the the News Feed Manager. To add a new News Feed, click the "New" icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing News Feed, click the News Feed's name, or check the news Feed's checkbox and press the "Edit" icon in the toolbar.
This is where you add a new News Feed or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one News Feed Category before you can create your first News Feed.
- Title. The Name of the News Feed. This field is required.
- Alias. The internal name of the item, also used in the URL when SEF is activated. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. Non-Latin characters can be allowed in the alias if you set the Unicode Aliases option to Yes in Global Configuration. If this option is set to No and the title includes non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time (for example "2012-12-31-17-54-38").
- Link. The link of this News Feed. This should normally begin with "http://".
- Description. The description for the item. Category, Subcategory and Web Link descriptions may be shown on web pages, depending on the parameter settings. These descriptions are entered using the same editor that is used for Articles.
[[File:Help30-Article-Image-ToggleEditor-buttons-<translate> en</translate>.png]] <translate>
- Article. Click to quickly add an 'Article' link to the description with a popup window.</translate>
- Image. Click to quickly add an 'Image' to the description with a popup window.</translate>
- Toggle Editor. Turns on or off the editor's description box WYSIWYG features to show HTML markup.</translate>
- Category. The Category this item belongs to.
- Tags. Enter one or more optional tags for this item. You can select existing tags by entering in the first few letters. You may also create new tags by entering them here. Tags allow you to see lists of related items across content types (for example, articles, contacts, and categories).
- Status: Published status of the item. Possible values are:
- Published: The item is published. This is the only state that will allow regular website users to view this item.
- Unpublished: The item is unpublished.
- Archived: The item has been archived.
- Trashed: The item has been sent to the Trash.
- Access. The viewing level access for this item.
- Language. Item language.
- Version Note. Optional field to identify this version of the item in the item's Version History window.</translate>
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Saves the item and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the news feed and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the news feed and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another news feed.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
- A News Feed category must be added before any News Feed can be created.
- To add or edit News Feed Categories: News Feed Category Manager