Content Article Manager
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 13:44, 23 August 2012 by 219jondn
Used for creating new, editing, managing order, publishing, unpublishing and setting global options of articles shown on a Joomla website.
How to access
Click the Article Manager icon in the Control Panel Select Content → Article Manger from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel.
The Article Manager is used to add and edit articles. See Toolbar below for a detailed list of all functions.
In the top right you will see a toolbar with several useful functions for article management.
The functions are:
- New - Opens the editing screen to create a new article.
- Edit - Opens the editing screen for the selected article. If more than one article is selected (where applicable), only the first article will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Title or Name of the article.
- Publish - Makes the selected articles available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish - Makes the selected articles unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Featured - Marks selected articles as featured. Works with one or multiple articles selected.
- Archive - Changes the status of the selected articles to indicate that they are archived. Archived articles can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the articles to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check In - Checks-in the selected articles. Works with one or multiple articles selected.
- Trash - Changes the status of the selected articles to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed articles can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the articles to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed articles, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the articles to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.
- Batch - reveals options to perform batch operations on selected articles. See Batch Operations
- Options - Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited. See Article Manager Options for more information.
- Help - Opens this help screen.
Search & Sorting
Directly above the list of articles, you will find options to search the article list, as well as sort the list based on a variety of parameters.
Use the Search option to quickly search the Article list by article title, alias, or ID
Use the sorting options to adjust the order of the Article list to your preferences.
There are several options for sorting the articles.
- Ordering - sort articles by their article manager order. See Ordering Articles.
- Status - sort articles by their publication status.
- Title - sort articles in alphabetical order by their title
- Category - sort articles in alphabetical order by their category
- Access - sort articles by their User Access Level
- Language - sort articles by their language.
- Date - sort articles in chronological order by date
- ID - sort articles in numerical order by article ID
With a sorting parameter chosen, you can also determine if articles will be shown in ascending or descending order.
You can also determine how many articles are shown, with optional increments of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 50, 100, or All. The default number is 20.