Menus Menu Item Contact Categories
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 05:57, 12 December 2012 by Tom Hutchison
How To Access
To create a new List All Contact Categories Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the List All Contact Categories link under Contact link.
To edit an existing List All Contact Categories Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to show a list of contact categories within a category.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details
See Menu Item Manager: New Menu Item for help on fields common to all Menu Item types, including Details, Link Type Options, Page Display Options, Metadata Options, and Module Assignments for this Menu Item.
See Contact Category: Column headers for help on fields common to Category and Categories such as List Layouts, Integration Options and others.
The Categories Options control the way categories information is displayed in the layout. Things that you can modify are:
- Top Level Category Description. Show description of the top level category or override it with text you input in the text box. In case you change your mind you can always hide the description.
- Subcategory Levels. You can either show or hide subcategory levels. Its totally up to you.
- Empty Categories. You can show either show or hide empty categories. Empty categories are the ones that have no subcategories or have no contacts in them.
- Subcategories Descriptions. You can either show or hide subcategories description.
- Contacts in Category. You can either show or hide number of contacts in a category.
See Contact Category: Category Options for help on this field
Contact Display Options
Lets you control which contact's information to display, which information is going to be shown to your user.
- Show Contact Form. You choose whether you want to show contact form on the page.
- Send Copy to Submitter. Here you choose whether you prefer that a copy is sent to submitter.
- Banned Email. By writing down some email addresses here you prevent those from being able to submit this form.
- Banned Subject. Subjects which are not allowed to be submitted with your form.
- Banned Text. Text which can not be typed in if a person wants to submit the form.
- Session Check. Checks whether session cookie is enabled and doesn't let users without enables cookie to submit your form.
- Custom Reply
- Contact Redirect. Alternative URL of the page where you want your user to be redirected after submitting.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>