Difference between revisions of "Menus Menu Item Weblink Submit"
From Joomla! Documentation
(major rewrite of this Help Screen, current was not even in the Help Screen Style Guide Parameters, update by sections next)
m (→Quick Tips: update to section)
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
* can set the options in two places.
** In [[Help30:Components Weblinks Options#Options|Web Links Manager Options]] you can set the default for all categories.
** In [[Help30:Components Weblinks Categories Edit|Category Manager: Edit A Web Links Category]] you can set a for a specific category. If this is set, it overrides the default value.
** In [[Help30:Components Weblinks Options#Options|Web Links Manager Options]] you can set the default
** In [[Help30:Components Weblinks Categories Edit|Category Manager: Edit A Web Links Category]] you can set a
Revision as of 00:03, 23 December 2012
How To Access
To create a new Submit a Web Link Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Submit a Web Link Menu Item link under Newsfeeds link.
To edit an existing Submit a Web Link Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to show a Web Link submission form in Front End (website) allowing users with permission to submit Web Links.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details Tab
- Menu Title. The title that will display for this menu item.
- Menu Location. The menu that this menu item (choice) will be part of. The menus defined for the site will show in the list box.
Advanced Details Tab
Module Assignments Tab
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.</translate>
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current menu item. Does not affect the current menu item. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new menu item.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
Front End Screenshot
- You can set the Web Link options in two places.
- Categories are created using Category Manager: Edit A Web Links Category.
|Related Help Screens||Description|
|Components Weblinks Categories||
The Web Links Category Manager is where you can edit existing Web Links Categories and create new ones. Note that Web Links Categories are separate from other Categories, such as Categories for Articles, Banners, News Feeds, and Contacts. From this screen, you can also navigate to the Web Links Manager screen.
|Components Weblinks Categories Edit||
This is where you can add a new Web Link Category or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one Web Link Category before you can create a Web Link. Also, Web Link Categories are separate from other types of Categories, such as those for Articles, Banners, and News Feeds.
|Components Weblinks Links||
The Weblinks Manager allows you to add, edit and remove links to other web sites on your Joomla! web site, and organize them into categories. You can then display these links on your site, and optionally let visitors add new links.
|Components Weblinks Links Edit||
This is where you add a new Web Link or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one Web Links Category before you can create your first Web Link.
|Extensions Module Manager Weblinks||
The Weblinks module will display weblinks from within the Weblinks component.
|Menus Menu Item Weblink Categories||
Used to show a list of all Web Link Categories. Categories are shown in a hierarchical list, as shown below. Depending on the selected options for this layout, you can click on a category Title to show the Web Links in that category.
|Menus Menu Item Weblink Category||
Used to show a list of Web Links in a Category. Categories are shown in a hierarchical list, parent with child (sub) categories. Depending on the selected layout options, click on a category Title to show the Web Links in that category or sub categories.