Difference between revisions of "Users User Notes Edit"
From Joomla! Documentation
m (→Toolbar: added TinyMCE chunk and heading)
m (toolbar location)
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
At the top
At the top you will see the toolbar:
Revision as of 09:39, 5 January 2013
- 1 How to access
- 2 Description
- 3 Screenshot
- 4 Note Details
- 5 Toolbar
- 6 TinyMce Editor
- 7 Related information
Edit a note or comment on a specific user
How to access
To edit an existing user note, navigate to the User Notes tab of the User Manager (Users → User Manager → User Notes). Then
- click on the user name or
- click on the check box for the user note and click on the Edit button.
To create a new user note,
- select Users → User Notes → Add User Note from the menu or
- click on the New button in the User Manager: User Notes screen.
User notes are pieces of information which can be assigned to registered users on your Joomla! site. These notes can contain for example comments about 'offending' or 'difficult' users etc.
In this screen you can create an user note or edit an user note. The 'editor' will be the chosen 'editor' for the user creating the note. Examples: TinyMCE - JCE - Codemirror
- Subject. The subject of the user note.
- ID. The selected user to which the user note belongs.
- Category. The category to which the user note belongs.
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Archived/Trashed) The published status of the user note.
- Review date. The date when the user note was created.
- Note. The actual text of the user note.
- Article. Click to quickly add an 'Article' link to the description with a popup window.
- Image. Click to quickly add an 'Image' to the description with a popup window.
- Pagebreak: Inserts a page break making long articles/user notes into multiple pages.</translate>
- Readmore. Breaks article/user notes into an intro and full page with a read more link.
- Toggle Editor. Turns on or off the the editor's description box WYSIWYG features to show HTML markup.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the user note and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the user note and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the user note and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another user note.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
TinyMCE is the default editor for both front-end and back-end users. TinyMCE is a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor that allows users a familiar word-processing interface to use when editing Articles and other content. TinyMCE can be configured with three different sets of toolbar buttons: advanced, simple, and extended. This is set as an option in the Plugin Manager for the 'Editor - TinyMCE' plugin.
The advanced toolbar provides a three-row toolbar as shown below:
This is the default setting. The 3-row toolbar below provides many standard editing commands, as follows:
- Format. Select pre-defined formats for Paragraph, Address, Heading1, and so on.
- Unordered List, Ordered list, Outdent (move left) and Indent (indent right).
- Undo (Ctrl+Z) and Re-do (Ctrl+Y).
- Unlink. To remove a link, highlight the linked text and press this button.
- About TinyMCE editor. Shows the TinyMCE version.
- Insert Horizontal Ruler.
- Remove Formatting.
- Toggle Guidelines/Invisible elements.
- Subscript, Superscript, Insert Custom Character
The simple toolbar provides one row of buttons as shown below. They are located on the bottom of the edit window.
- Buttons allow you to make text bold, italic, underlined, or strikethrough.
- Undo (Ctrl+Z) and Re-do (Ctrl+Y).
- Unordered list, Ordered list.
The extended toolbar provides the most extensive editing options, as shown below.
This option provides all of the same buttons as documented in the Advanced Toolbar above. In addition, the following options are available:
- Font Family. Select the desired font.
- Font Size. Select the desired font size.
- Find and Find/Replace.
- Insert Date or Time.
- Select Text Color or Background Color.
- Toggle Full Screen Mode.
- Insert Emotions.
- Insert horizontal line.
- Select All.
- Citation, Abbreviation, Acronym, Insertion, Deletion, Insert/Edit Attributes.
- Show/Hide Visual Control Characters (like paragraph endings).
- Show/Hide Block Elements.
- Insert Non-Breaking Space Character.
- Block Quote.
- Insert Predefined Template Content.