Users User Notes Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 21:27, 8 December 2012 by Tom Hutchison
Edit a note or comment on a specific user
How to access
To edit an existing user note, navigate to the User Notes tab of the User Manager (Users → User Manager → User Notes). Then
- click on the user name or
- click on the check box for the user note and click on the Edit button.
To create a new user note,
- select Users → User Notes → Add User Note from the menu or
- click on the New button in the User Manager: User Notes screen.
User notes are pieces of information which can be assigned to registered users on your Joomla! site. These notes can contain for example comments about 'offending' or 'difficult' users etc.
In this screen you can create an user note or edit an user note. The 'editor' will be the chosen 'editor' for the user creating the note. Examples: TinyMCE - JCE - Codemirror
- Subject. The subject of the user note.
- ID. The selected user to which the user note belongs.
- Category. The category to which the user note belongs.
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Archived/Trashed) The published status of the user note.
- Review date. The date when the user note was created.
- Note. The actual text of the user note.
- Article. Click to quickly add an 'Article' link to the description with a popup window.
- Image. Click to quickly add an 'Image' to the description with a popup window.
- Pagebreak: Inserts a page break making long articles/user notes into multiple pages.</translate>
- Readmore: Breaks article/user notes into an intro and full page with a read more link.</translate>
- Toggle Editor. Turns on or off the the editor's description box WYSIWYG features to show HTML markup.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Saves the user note and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the user note and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the user note and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another user note.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>